Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Children really close together (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25794)

Watercolor Ponies 07-27-2006 11:58 AM

Children really close together

Ok, so I have a 10 mo, (not to forget the 4 yo and 2 yo lol) and I am feeling the baby itch already!!! I have no idea why, I never thought I would have 3 let alone 4, and NEVER thought I would even dream about wanting to concieve already again. Am I completely nutso? I am hoping this passes *soon*, but anyone out there have kids so close and how is it? Too close? Too hard? People give you funny looks? Do you feel like you didn't give the "current" baby enough time to be a baby?

KnottyLDSMama 07-27-2006 12:04 PM

Re: Children really close together

I've been wanting another since I got out of the hospital with DS. lol But DH won't let me for another year or so. So you're not nutso. :)

lovemybabies 07-27-2006 12:13 PM

mine are 11 months apart. The baby is 8 wks and I have the itch too. So not you are not crazy. So far it hasn't been too bad having two so close in age. I am really enjoying it.

1happymama 07-27-2006 12:22 PM

My DD and DS are 22.5 months apart...which isn't exceptionally close but I love it! I wouldn't mind having babies closer than that. I don't think you're crazy at all. I felt ready for another within weeks of both of my babies. We're just waiting on God's timing. :goodvibes: I did have times during my pregnancy with #2 when I felt down about the thought of #1 having less time with me but that could have been hormones talking too. :laugh:

OneFabMama 07-27-2006 12:33 PM

Right now, I have a 14 mo old and I really dont feel ready for another :rofl: But I dont think you're crazy! I'd like 3-4 years between my kids. My sister and I are 3 years apart and my sister and brother are 3 years apart and that seemed to work for my mom -- so thats my plan too LOL

bsydprmkn 07-27-2006 12:36 PM

my kids are 12 months and 5 days apart :) almost irish twins. i LOVE having them so close together. when ds was born i had to switch dd to cups cause of the jealousy over bottles. well when ds was 2 months old he started on cups and hasnt looked back since. its always monkey see monkey do with the two of them. if i could have more kids, i guarantee there would have already been another one present and another on the way...giggles.

rpg_mommy 07-27-2006 12:37 PM

If you are nuts, then I am too! I loved being pregnant and I loved giving birth and I can't wait to do it again. DS is 8 mo old and we've not really been TRYING, but we haven't NOT been trying...if ya know what I mean... :blush:

Can't wait to have another bun in my oven! My DS is looking more and more like a todler every day and doggonit, I need another snuggly LITTLE baby! :laugh:

rebeccah5 07-27-2006 12:39 PM

So this probably sounds totally crazy, but I think I've kind of got baby fever because of CDs! After DD was born, I didn't want another one for a loooong time. We waited about 2 and a half years, then I had DS about 3 years after DD was born. When we first got home from the hospital after DS, I was like, no way do I want to do this again any time soon. But now I keep seeing all these cute dipes and clothes, and I'm ready to go again! LOL!

GrowingUpMad 07-27-2006 12:48 PM

I am 8 months pregnant with #3 and am already dying for #4. I would love to try like as soon as possible. Since dh is against anymore kids that might not be a wise idea though. Not crazy at all!! I had the itch when ds was about 10 months old (didn;t have another until he was 7 1/2 years though). With dd I had the itch when she turned 2 and was pregnant 15 months later.

twinsmomkatie 07-27-2006 12:51 PM

My twins turned 2 three weeks before ds was born . . . so I have 3 under 3 right now, and NO, You're not crazy! :)

We do get comments, but rude people will always exist in this world. And who cares what rude people think about you? ;)