Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   It is confirmed! My DS is small. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25928)

SugarBunsWool&More 07-27-2006 06:06 PM

It is confirmed! My DS is small.

And you ladies thought I was kidding, eh? :giggle:
We went in for his 12 month visit today and he weighs 16 lbs 4 oz and is 29 3/4 inches long. He's in the 0 % for his weight, 50th for his height.
FRT, there is nothing wrong with him, he's perfectly healthy. He's active and meeting his milestones on schedule. He's just a perfect little thin boy.
:bliss:
Also on another note, we didn't get the MMR and C-pox shots today and the pediatrician was perfectly OK with that and told me to give her a call when I wanted to do them. I'm happy about that. :thumbsup:
So anyway, *that* is why I say, when I'm selling all my large diapers, that it doesn't look like my DS will ever need them!
I just wanted to share. Anyone else have a tiny baby? How big were yours at a year and how did they fare as they got older?
Have a good night!!

nothing_butt_cloth 07-27-2006 06:23 PM

Re: It is confirmed! My DS is small.

YAY!!! for the vax...
I have a tiny one too. My dd was 1 inch UNDER the growth chart from 4 months to 2 years. at her 2 year check she is now 2% for wt and 70% for height. LOL So her wt is still under 5%. at 2 1/2 years, she weghs all of 23 lbs.

It is funny how some kids growfaster than others...

The bestthing about them being skinny, is they wear their dipes longer than most babies.:goodvibes:

Glad all went well!!

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 07-27-2006 06:25 PM

my dd is small too.. she never did wear large diapers! :)

Menfusse 07-27-2006 06:34 PM

My first was tall and skinny. At 1 she was above the 95th for height, and 18 lbs. Heavier than your little guy, but she was soooo tall, she looked like a bone rack. The only thing chubby was her cheeks. There wasn't a thing wrong with her either. That was always her curve pattern. So no worries. Now she is 75th for both and has been since about 2 1/2 or 3. She was also walking at 9 months, so being so active added to it. My 8 month old isn't on the chart, but she has major allergy/tummy issues. She started out on the 25th, but has dropped off. So she is little from that. I don't think she will ever wear a large either...lol. I think the most important thing is that they don't lose weight and maintain a curve. Not which curve. Sounds like your little guy is fine and dandy.

Lucky Child 07-27-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileysMama
And you ladies thought I was kidding, eh? :giggle:
We went in for his 12 month visit today and he weighs 16 lbs 4 oz and is 29 3/4 inches long. He's in the 0 % for his weight, 50th for his height.
FRT, there is nothing wrong with him, he's perfectly healthy. He's active and meeting his milestones on schedule. He's just a perfect little thin boy.
:bliss:
Also on another note, we didn't get the MMR and C-pox shots today and the pediatrician was perfectly OK with that and told me to give her a call when I wanted to do them. I'm happy about that. :thumbsup:
So anyway, *that* is why I say, when I'm selling all my large diapers, that it doesn't look like my DS will ever need them!
I just wanted to share. Anyone else have a tiny baby? How big were yours at a year and how did they fare as they got older?
Have a good night!!

You won't need em! I agree. My dd was right at that weight at her 1 year bday... she is STILL on the smallest waist snaps for FB's size Medium at 21 months. U can def sell those larges off if you ask me!

OneFabMama 07-27-2006 06:38 PM

I have a small girly but not that small :giggle:
She was 18lbs 1 oz and 28.5 inches at her 1 year appt.
She is 14 months now, and we have her 15 mo appt this coming Monday and I'd she is probably about 20ish or so lbs.

itsmelanie 07-27-2006 06:53 PM

My little man will be 11 mo old tomorrow and is 25.5" long and weighs 16 lbs. He's quite a bit below the chart, especially in length. My middle daughter was 15 lbs at a year (after being born 9 lb 11 oz!) and at 5 1/2 now weighs 28 lbs and is 39". She does have some health issues though. My son seems to be following in her footsteps. :( My oldest daughter has always been completely average in size, at her last checkup she was exactly 50% for her age in both length and weight.

ocfb16 07-27-2006 07:07 PM

My dd is in the 0% for her weight also! :giggle: I dont really go by those charts anyway. As long as they are healthy and developing right, that's all that matters.

Nikel1979 07-27-2006 07:12 PM

My dd is small too. At her one year, she was 17 lb 8 oz and 28"

SugarBunsWool&More 07-27-2006 07:24 PM

:yay: I'm so glad I'm not alone on this!
Riley was 5 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches at birth so he's come a long way!