Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Should I store diapers or resale (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25961)

autumnlily 07-27-2006 10:18 PM

Should I store diapers or resale

I just read, well a few weeks back, that someone was concerned about elastic going bad if diapers were stored inbetween kids. Is this true. I bought used kissaluvs - EUC and planned on using them with #2 (we don't plan on TTC for at least another year - and it may take awhile to actually get PG then). Is 2 years too long to hold on to them?

Thanks for your advice!

monkeymama 07-27-2006 10:58 PM

Re: Should I store diapers or resale

that's a good question. I'd be interested in the answer too! That would suck! I have lots of dipes I'm hanging onto for the same reason as you.
Someone answer please!

Ooey 07-27-2006 11:08 PM

Well from my experience thre elastic in kissaluvs tend to go bad rather quickly :(

autumnlily 07-27-2006 11:26 PM

Really? Yikes, they are so great right now... hmm, I think I might have to give these up. Thanks for the input!

alisonsage 07-28-2006 07:53 AM

I've thought about this alot and decided that the most economical thing, for me at least, is to sell what we outgrow while it still holds it resale value and then reinvest the money into the next size.

Elastic can go bad, plus styles and trends change and are improved upon. Prefolds are definitely worth saving though! Maybe by the time you are getting ready to have DC2 DC1 will be PLing and you can sell off that stash and reinvest in a newborn stash.

OK, and lets be honest, it's always fun to shop for fluff :winkeye:

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 07:57 AM

I agree- I'd get rid of them. I bought a lot of KLs that had bad elastic (on purpose, LOL) and they're cheap, but the elastic BLOWS. I think it's pretty common in KLs for them to go pretty fast, like Kaela said.

bamamom 07-28-2006 07:59 AM

I have a general rule that i save whatever we love for the next kid , and sell everything else.

i stored some dipes for as much as 2 yrs between dd and ds, and we havent had any issues...

now i am concerned that the elastic is going bad in my ksl's 0's upstairs stored away....i need to go check on them...but everything else is fine..

and i have a ton of swaddlebees front aplix pockets up there for hte next one..

monkeylove 07-28-2006 12:41 PM

yeah, I know I saved a couple things for the next one, not my KL'O's but you know the small/newborn favs...ok about 20 in the small size, I am now thinking I should let some of that go:headscratch: but I just kept what I love:banghead:
ah maybe later I'll be ready to get rid of someof this stuff:cry:

negrapy 07-28-2006 02:58 PM

i'm glad someone asked this. I have some ... okay almost 24 diapers I think saved for the next. 12 tinkle traps conversions that he outgrew (had a spurt) before they made it and 12 prefolds .... and some covers
but I'm not sure if I should keep them all or sell off the converts ones. I just hate to lose a lot on them since we didn't get to use them at all
:headscratch:
the crazy world of cd's :laugh: