Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   WTF?!?!?!?!?!? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25997)

Choose2bgr8 07-28-2006 07:22 AM

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706/

I think the cover is great, but some ppl don't apparently.

toryandrew 07-28-2006 07:24 AM

Re: WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

I read this last night the "Gross" response is really, really upsetting to me. I really don't care if someone breastfeeds but GROSS? :banghead: Ugh!

mother4JC 07-28-2006 07:39 AM

I can understand the part of it may turn on a guy, but it wasn't like a playboy pic. come on. When you nurse anyway especially in public I don't think there are many that pull it out like that. I mean even if you don't use a blanket the baby still hides you and your shirt hides the top half. Besides how many men REALLY pick up and American Baby magazine? I brought them home and my husband maybe picked up 1.

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 07:41 AM

I've been trying not to read the story so I don't get myself all upset, LOL, but I just went and read it. It's a BABY magazine - some babies eat using BREASTS! Jeez - big deal. Don't look then. *sigh*
I emailed Babytalk a few days ago and told them I appreciated the cover. I'm actually pretty happy that the stats in that story said only 1/4 of people polled were unsupportive of it (or whatever) I was really worried it was going to be a higher number than that. I know 1/4 still isn't great, but I FOR SURE after hearing horror stories of moms NIP thought it would be worse than that.
I sort of wonder if they're just doing these stories (MSNBC and everyone else) to stir the turd. I guess I'm not sure I know anyone who isn't supportive of moms NIP, but then again that's just me.
Oh, I asked DH about this last night when I was replying on a twin board about it. He said he hadn't even noticed there was a breast on the cover at all. I can't wait for someone to say something rude when I'm NIP, LOL, he's pretty scary when he gets mad.

8blessings 07-28-2006 08:29 AM

Some people are just twisted in their thinking. They put thier own feelings ,opinions, and emotions BEFORE the health of a baby.
oh, its ok to have breasts poppin out and exposed all over cosmo, glamour, and every other magazine out there, but once breasts are used for thier INTENDED PURPOSE, suddenly breast exposure is all wrong? even gross???? come on! look at the complete idiotcy in all of that! You dont hear of people complaing about THOSE mags..... so whats the real issue here??? Its not about the breasts, its about BREASTFEEDING! I am sure the majority of the complainers are women who have alterier motives and complain just to make themselves feel better, because they didnt or couldnt breastfeed for whatever reason. Just because they couldnt or wouldnt, doesnt mean that we cant! Maybe they feel guilty, and dont like that feeling, I dont know. But it is really messed up. ya know what? they better not go oversees or to another country any time soon, or they will get an eye-full!
Maybe someone can post a link of the baby talk customer email... so we all can say we support the cover?Oh btw.... I hope I didnt offend anybody who formula feeds, that is not my purpose at all, please understand. But its like I have to defend my right to breastfeed all of the time, and its irritating, it shouldnt have to be that way.

keegans_mommy 07-28-2006 08:35 AM

WHAT! I AM SO OUTRAGGED BY THIS ARTICLE! I WANT TO SCREAM AT THESE PEOPLE TO JUST GROW UP AND SEE IT IS NOT A SEXUAL OBJECT BUT AN OBJECT FOR NURISHING OUR BABIES! :banghead:

keegans_mommy 07-28-2006 08:40 AM

BTW, I just went to the website and contacted them and gave them KUDO'S for the picture!

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 08:42 AM

I sent my email to letters@babytalk.com :D
LOL, I thought it was funny when the woman said something about her husband or son seeing a breast that they "didn't want to see" or something like that. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Even my DH's creepy grandfather would want to see one! I think she should have revised it to "something I don't want them to see because I'm jealous of them looking at a baby nursing." :olleyes2:
Yup, you can go to babytalk.com too and I think they have contact info on there, too.

keegans_mommy 07-28-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom
Yup, you can go to babytalk.com too and I think they have contact info on there, too.

Just did it! :D

And ya, if woman continue to hide the fact that they actually have to nurse with their breasts then our society will continue to be in the dark of how beautiful this simple act of nurishing our children is!

I certainly didn't expose my breasts to that degree but I did nurse wherever my babies needed to eat, regardless of how many dirty looks I got. :razz:

Actually, my own BIL was so disturbed by me BFing in my MIL's house IN A FAMILY MEMBERS HOUSE, he left the room, took Brian aside and told him that he had better put a stop to me doing that! Brian told him that he would NOT and that HE had better get used to it, grow up or just leave. :happyclap:

counterGOPI 07-28-2006 08:54 AM

yay mamas! i just posted about emailing babytalk!!!

i had to stop reading the article though b/c i get so POed and i stay that way all day so i have to watch it :giggle: