Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing tanks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26004)

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 07:50 AM

Nursing tanks

I don't want to bump over the Babytalk thread, so hopefully this won't get in the way!
I've been looking for a nursing tank to take to the hospital with me - I HATE those stupid gowns. I'd also like to have some sort of dignity with both boobies hanging out for days, LOL. I've checked out Motherhood, Target nursing tanks. I think the Bravado and Glamourmom seem to be too expensive. Anyway, the Motherhood and Target ones seem to be REALLY short. I'm expecting to still be HUGE after they've delivered and there will be LOTS of skin hanging, KWIM? That was nice and gross - but are the Target or Motherhood ones strechier or longer than they look? I've been buying maternity for so long maybe I'm just deluding myself into thinking they're short?
I'm just trying to find a nice nursing tank that will fit over my tummy after I deliver that I can preferably buy close by since I don't know if I want to hang around and wait for the shipping.
Any suggestions or help?

marymom 07-28-2006 08:13 AM

Re: Nursing tanks

Motherhood and Target are too short, your right about that. i like the nursing tanks from Mimi Maternity. :thumbsup:

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 09:39 AM

Ah, just went and checked. I'm going to need AT LEAST an XL if not XXL. So I don't think those are going to work for me. Any other ideas? LOL

Lucky Child 07-28-2006 10:47 AM

Kim,
It might be worth it do invest in one of the glamourmom maternity nursing tanks. I bought one finally after much debate over the price. I got a white one and I wear it almost everyday b/c I wear it under my normal shirts so i can pull it up and not have belly showing. Maybe if you just order one of the maternity ones (so it's longer... but you can also use them afterwards they say) it will be worth it.

OneFabMama 07-28-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrandle
Kim,
It might be worth it do invest in one of the glamourmom maternity nursing tanks. I bought one finally after much debate over the price. I got a white one and I wear it almost everyday b/c I wear it under my normal shirts so i can pull it up and not have belly showing. Maybe if you just order one of the maternity ones (so it's longer... but you can also use them afterwards they say) it will be worth it.

I agree about Glamourmom. Definitley worth the money

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 11:17 AM

Well fudge - anyone know how long their shipping usually takes?

Lucky Child 07-28-2006 11:55 AM

i get them from a mom on ebay her name is mom4life and she ships like super duper duper fast. just run a search on ebay for glamourmom. She ships every day I think, she also has a store and she sells a bunch of ap friendly and bfing supplies... she's really nice too.

Kimmomy2dom 07-28-2006 11:56 AM

Thanks, Rachel.

~Meg~ 07-28-2006 04:30 PM

I feel your pain on this one. The motherhood ones are short, haven't tried Target. I have a glamourmom one and it is longer then the motherhoods but it still isn't that long. I bet a maternity one would fit the bill perfectly. GL!

Carrie 07-28-2006 07:32 PM

No advice on the tanks, but having BTDT, I think you definitely have the right idea!