Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I am going to be a donor & need your help.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26010)

tatumsmom 07-28-2006 07:25 AM

I am going to be a donor & need your help..

So my friend has been having tons of trouble with her supply. She started the BCP at 8 weeks post preg. and her supply dwindled. She started Reglan and used it 4X. Still not much help. Her babe is 8mths and she does not want to start formula now. So at lunch yesterday she pulled out the formula and it just broke my heart to know she was struggling so much with it. She had already tried to get donor milk, but here they require a prescription and our dr did not think it was medically necessary for ds.

So, like any good friend I offered to be her donor. Now I am a little worried..what if I cannot get my supply up enough for 2 babies? Please mamas, I need your help with any advice in this area!

greenkmt 07-28-2006 08:03 AM

Re: I am going to be a donor & need your help..

PMed you! I think what I said might be a little strong for this group. :)

greenkmt 07-28-2006 08:04 AM

OH, have her go to LLL meetings and playgroup too. She lives by us doesn't she?

Willys Woolies 07-28-2006 08:38 AM

I don't have any advice as I've only b/f my own....but I'm sure you can do it! And.....you're a wonderful person to do that for her!

clothdiaperoutlet 07-28-2006 03:31 PM

I don't have much advice. I donated extra bm to a milk bank and enjoyed knowing that I was helping other mamas. I'm sorry your friend's doctor wouldn't give her a prescription.

CMamma 07-28-2006 03:36 PM

I wish I lived close! I'd help too. Esp now that DS is sleeping longer I could just continue to pump when he would have normally eaten.

Do you have some reglan yourself maybe?

shell015 07-28-2006 03:44 PM

I wish I knew there was such a thing. My milk never came in even after the Reglan. It was horribly frustrating and the formula just constipates him to pieces. I have to give him apple juice from 2 weeks old just so he could go. If I would have known it was a possibility to even get donations it would have been great! Great friend you are!!!

Hayley 07-28-2006 03:45 PM

Good for you momma! I hope this works it self out for you and her!

tatumsmom 07-28-2006 04:35 PM

Thanks for the support!:goodvibes:

masonite 07-28-2006 04:39 PM

I think that is SO awesome!! WTG mama!! What a lucky friend you have, to have someone like you who cares so much!

Good luck!! :thumbsup: