Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Drybees? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26133)

OneFabMama 07-28-2006 01:48 PM

Drybees?

Im on the hunt for something to replace my too big FBs I just got...what do ya'll think of Drybees? I really wish they were snaps, but Im going for ease here so aplix might be okay. Good, bad? Love em, hate em?

vick 07-28-2006 01:55 PM

Re: Drybees?

I had one -I could stuff the crap out of it and it was definitely heavy-wetting nap worthy. It was just huge - tho if you use FB, prolly not that huge - and we can't do Aplix without having a nakey baby :)

masonite 07-28-2006 01:59 PM

:popcorn:
I'm totally watchin' this thread.

I found them at www.nickisdiapers.com the other day. I love our fb's, but I need a few "Grandma friendly" diapers. Whenever I leave her a fb, I come back and it's sagging off, because no matter how many times I show her, she can't figure out the snaps!

I ordered one to try, but I'm interested to see what others think. Plus, they have cute colors!! :mrgreen: (I'm easy to please, apparently!)

MamaMegan 07-28-2006 02:11 PM

I absolutely LOOOOVVVVEEEEE them. One of my first diaper purchases, and I went back and bought a few more. I can stuff them with all sorts of things and get a great fit--- better than the FB or HH by a landslide. They've contained huge poops and overnight pees without a problem.

I've got a medium in navy blue I'm looking to sell (to buy a more girly color) if you're interested.

Just my two cents. :)

OneFabMama 07-28-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMegan
I absolutely LOOOOVVVVEEEEE them. One of my first diaper purchases, and I went back and bought a few more. I can stuff them with all sorts of things and get a great fit--- better than the FB or HH by a landslide. They've contained huge poops and overnight pees without a problem.

I've got a medium in navy blue I'm looking to sell (to buy a more girly color) if you're interested.

Just my two cents. :)

I probably need larges. Thanks though and thanks for the reply :thumbsup: I think I need to try one at least.

Nadmom 07-28-2006 05:59 PM

I have one I got used here. I haven't had it long but I do like it. It is big I got a lg and it is kind of big on my dd who usually wears large. You could stuff a lot into it and I haven't had any leaks. They aren't as trim of a fit or as fun as I prefer in a diaper. But I prefer it to fuzzi bunz and bum genius.

I like that it has a suede cloth inner and that the pocket is elastic the stuffing stays in better. IMO.

Have you looked at angeldrys? I have 4 pockets and 1 AIO. You can get suede or fleece lined and snaps or velcro closures and she has some fun prints. The pocket is in the front instead of the back and snaps shut, which is a really cool feature IMO. They are a little poofy in their fit like the drybees, but I have never had a leak in them even after more than normal wear. I don't use them at night though.

http://www.angeldrydiapers.com/store/Default.asp

doberbrat 07-28-2006 09:36 PM

I dont love them. (dont hate them either) I think they're too poofy and the legs wick a bit. I also have some trouble stuffing them. I prefer my BG!

Blessedmommieof3 07-29-2006 03:46 AM

The Drybees I bought was my fave of all the pockets I tried. They seemed to hold the best. Yes, a bit poofy - but they held wonderfully. I've given up on cloth :( so I'm selling mine beloved DB now.

widdletigger 07-29-2006 08:15 AM

We only have one. but I rather like it. when its time to upgrade to the next size Ill probly order afew more. Im a sucker for lots of colors lol

I had a repelling issue with it when I first got it, had to strip it. but since then it has been one of my favorite diapers!

amyers 07-29-2006 09:03 AM

I have one I got used. . . IMO, it's quite stiff, and dd "crackles" when she wears it. Had some issues getting the stuffing right, but I'd say it works just fine. I'm not going to run out and buy more, but it gets used regularly . . .