Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   you'll LOVE this MIL breastfeeding comment (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26155)

Fither 07-28-2006 01:50 PM

you'll LOVE this MIL breastfeeding comment

so, my MIL thinks that breasfeeding is just *weird*. i know from the comments she makes and the way she acts. like yesterday she saw my son smile really big at me and she says, "well you know what SHE'S for!". like i'm a giant weirdo milk thermos :giggle:

so anyways, we were out to eat with her yesterday afternoon and i ended up needing to nurse jack at the restaurant, and as i was still eating, i nursed him at the table. so after he finished eating my MIL took him from my arms so i could finish eating. he's sitting on her lap and she looks overhead at the hanging light fixtures, then says, "look jack, those lamps look just like your mommy's nipples"

so i, of course, didn't know what to say. i was just like, "uhhhhh, yeah except mine don't light up". :smiley_haha:

EasterBun 07-28-2006 02:11 PM

Re: you'll LOVE this MIL breastfeeding comment

LOL!

vick 07-28-2006 02:12 PM

:giggle: Gotta love those awkward MIL moments, huh?

SugarBunsWool&More 07-28-2006 02:23 PM

LOL
But wouldn't it be cool if they did? They'd be super easy to find in the middle of the night!

masonite 07-28-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileysMama
LOL
But wouldn't it be cool if they did? They'd be super easy to find in the middle of the night!

LMAO!! :laugh:

sparkygirl74 07-28-2006 02:35 PM

:spit: I think I would have cracked up at that one! My MIL calls Breast milk "Booby Milk". It always makes me laugh..

Fither 07-28-2006 02:37 PM

riley's mama, i'm seriously lol over here!

Lucky Child 07-28-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileysMama
LOL

Maybe we should invent something to light them up at night... that sounds fabulous actually... instead of him latching on to my tummy lol

SugarBunsWool&More 07-28-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrandle
Maybe we should invent something to light them up at night... that sounds fabulous actually... instead of him latching on to my tummy lol

Or latching on a little to the left of the actual nipple. Yeeowch! Maybe a little pin light type thing on the inside if the bra would help?

SugarBunsWool&More 07-28-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fither
riley's mama, i'm seriously lol over here!

:hugegrin: