Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   *~* Read here before posting in Off Topic *~* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264191)

Proverbs169 11-06-2007 08:05 PM

*~* Read here before posting in Off Topic *~*

Hey everyone,

Before posting in Off Topic, please make sure that your subject really IS Off Topic. If it's diaper- related, it should go in Diaper Chatter. If it's parenting related, it needs to go in Parenting. Why? Well, before you post, ask yourself... if I was dealing with infertility right now, would I want to see this post? A lot of the mamas we know here are dealing with the reality of infertility, or they may just be out of that stage of their lives. Off Topic needs to be a place that they can come to and not worry about seeing a post about someone's pregnancy, or someone's birth experience, or whatever.

I know we want to share our joys and problems with the whole board, but it would be appreciated if we remember that there are mamas here that might be upset at seeing such a post. So, please put them in the right forums :)Thanks for your understanding :goodvibes:

ETA 7/27/12 - In addition to Diaper Chatter and Parenting, we have many, many other forums. "What's for dinner" posts would go in In the Kitchen, for example. If you have any questions about whether a post is appropriate for Off Topic or if it would fit better elsewhere but you just can't find the right subforum, then please ask in Ask the Pros. :goodvibes:

ETA 11/26/12 - With the holidays coming up, we have a LOT of people asking about kids' gifts, and those need to go in Parenting as well.

hippydippymama 11-06-2007 09:28 PM

Re: Just a friendly reminder (please read)

THANK YOU!

Proverbs169 11-08-2007 08:34 AM

Bumping to make sure this is seen :)

joyful mother 11-08-2007 11:26 AM

bumping for you again

Proverbs169 04-22-2008 06:41 AM

Bumping this, since there seems to be a lot posted in OT lately that should go in other forums.

:goodvibes:

Deanner03 04-22-2008 06:43 AM

:thumbsup:

amyruth 04-22-2008 07:08 AM

*sigh* I tend to agree but when you are desperate for immediate help this seems the best place to get it. I had a screaming baby for 2 hours last night and I KNOW I won't get replies in the Parenting forum for several hours b/c nobody is ever over there... But generally, yes. For things that are just curiousity or brags I totally agree. Sorry to have made more work for the mods but I was at my wits end last night. He wouldn't even nurse. Just scream.

Proverbs169 04-22-2008 07:31 AM

Honestly, I think that's different. In an emergency, it would be OK to post here. I am talking about the non- emergency posts that belong in other forums.

:)

amyruth 04-22-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proverbs169 (Post 3388783)
Honestly, I think that's different. In an emergency, it would be OK to post here. I am talking about the non- emergency posts that belong in other forums.

:)

Thanks mama. :) I was hoping you all weren't upset with me. :eek:

Primm_n_Proper_Baby 04-22-2008 08:51 AM

Sorry, didn't see an actual forum for co-sleeping, so I wasn't sure where it should go :). Guess that makes sense though :giggle:. Thank you!