Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My baby has gone 6 days without pooping? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26517)

monkeylove 07-29-2006 10:15 PM

My baby has gone 6 days without pooping?

My baby has gone 6 days without pooping?
Exclusively Bf'ed other than a couple tastings in the past couple weeks of unsweeted organic yogurt...help:headscratch:
ever had this experience....

scatterbrainedmom 07-29-2006 10:17 PM

Re: My baby has gone 6 days without pooping?

my son used to go almost 2 weeks without pooping. i wouldn't be too concerned if he isn't acting like he is pain. but if you are worried you should call your pedi

MamaJo 07-29-2006 10:49 PM

Sometimes bf babies will poop less often when they are on a growth spurt....they just use every last bit and there's not much to pass on lol

I don't think its anything too serious, but do watch if it starts causing pain or makes baby uncomfortable.

cowmommy 07-29-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaJo
Sometimes bf babies will poop less often when they are on a growth spurt....they just use every last bit and there's not much to pass on lol

I don't think its anything too serious, but do watch if it starts causing pain or makes baby uncomfortable.

:yeahthat:

skayers01 07-30-2006 12:32 AM

Ashton was doing the same thing. He waited FOREVER and then had the funkiest blowout ever. He flooded that poor cd! I had to wash his clothes, my clothes, his swing, and his changing pad! Yuck!!! He did that for about 3 weeks now he poops all the dang time! I wish he'd go back to his "old ways"!

bamamom 07-30-2006 08:59 AM

i have a nephew that consistently went poopy once every 7 days. and man...it was a mudslide!!

tillers72 07-30-2006 09:56 AM

i wouldn't worry too much...mine would go once every 4 days and then 3 times in a day! what I read about it said it's not unusual to have them go up to 10 days with no bm

monkeylove 07-30-2006 10:59 AM

Well, he finally went this morning...what a blow out!! I will credit my Baby Bee diapers for keeping this all nearly contained....a small blow-out but very very small! I had read it was normal and ok, but I just felt terrible thinking there must be something wrong!

jennyofthemoon 07-30-2006 11:38 AM

Jude use to go every 17 days....and there was NOTHING that could keep that contained :)

KnottyLDSMama 07-30-2006 12:31 PM

DS used to go once a week like clockwork. Now he goes about once a day.