Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Taking Off Velcro Need Advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26519)

Nadmom 07-29-2006 10:18 PM

Taking Off Velcro Need Advice

I started CD dd as a newborn with both snaps and velcro. For a variety of reasons I decided I hated velcro and just got snaps ... move ahead 18 months later:bolt:

Changing dd became very challenging and I would get frustrated trying to get the snaps on. I decided to try some velcro and it was so much easier I started switching my stash from snaps to velcro:surrender: .... move ahead 4 more months.

She is now taking off the velcro :moon: it is starting to really become a problem:banghead: . And dh swears it is because the CD are uncomfortable for her and she would prefer a sposie:rolleyes:

What would you do? Switch back to all snaps, even though I have spent the last few months rebuilding a velcro stash? I even have new velcro dipes on the way to me. Or stick with the velcro it will be a short phase and pass soon. You know I am going to start a poll.:hugegrin:

Kels5kids 07-29-2006 10:24 PM

Re: Taking Off Velcro Need Advice

DHs can be so crazy. She thinks it is fun to unfasten her diaper. Sposies use velcro too.

tasbaby 07-29-2006 10:27 PM

I voted to stay with the velcro, but wanted to also suggest that you might find it easier to make sure she's got something on over the diaper so it's less tempting to pull the diaper off. That might help till she decides to take off all of her clothes! :hugs:

Tina

mama23boys 07-29-2006 10:45 PM

LOL i second put something over the diaper! ds is 6months and has learned the fine art of taking off a velcro WWB cover LOL i think he likes the noise it makes

Nadmom 07-29-2006 10:50 PM

Thanks for the replies so far.

We use sposies sometimes, well dh does when I am not home and she doesn't try to take those off. But even though she can get them off it does work a little different so maybe she hasn't figured that out.

We still have some snap ones too and she doesn't try to take those off (maybe she does and I just don't realize it because she can't get them off), it makes me wonder if the velcro is rubbing on her with some of the diapers -- who knows.

Clothes would definitely help we wear just a diaper a lot these days with it being summer. She is not real fond of clothes.

I really still prefer snaps but when she is running in the opposite direction velcro sure is easier to put on.

singlemomto3 07-30-2006 12:12 AM

thats odd that shes not taking the sposies off, do your velcro have stay dry inner, maybe she doesn't like the cloth diaper if they feel wet.

*~Mindy~* 07-30-2006 01:03 AM

weve gotten to the point he has on wool over ANYTHING, no matter what it is unless hes got o regular shorts, he takes off anything and runs away. hes totally not fond of clothes either, but the only diaper he hasnt ripped off is his new ocv inner fitted, he loooves that LOL
so well, im kinda tired of him going on the floor and THEN telling me, and with there being other people around right now who just bug him about his penis, and that makes him want to play with it more and run around up, hes stuck with shorts or a soaker on for now lol

shell015 07-30-2006 01:29 AM

I have heard that is a sign that they are ready for potty training. I am a first time mom and ds is only 2 mo. but with my niece that is what we did ... She was trained in a week... But other than that I say stick with velcro and reinfore with pins for a week she'll forget they come off is they are stuck together...

Severine 07-30-2006 07:59 AM

DD does that when I let her walk around in only a covered pf. Drives me crazy as I don't like snaps. What I'm doing? Putting clothes over her velcroed covers, and buying some snaps for when I don't feel like having her in clothes (like when it's 100 degrees this week!).

FWIW, we just returned to CDing after a 5 month hiatus. DD is at a stage where she will not stay still for anything now, and throws horrendous fits during diaper changes. Nothing like trying to pin on a prefold during THAT, then put a cover on. So I feel your pain in trying to get snap dipes on while yours is trying to run in the other direction!

ahava'smama 07-30-2006 09:43 AM

My 18 mo old DD will take off her diaper unless she is in a onesie.... She is partly potty trained, but bed time requires a diaper anyways... so even though it is a very hot and humid summer, onesies are pretty light weight and they keep the diaper on.