Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   quick question on swaddlebees fit/szing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2653)

janelyb 04-30-2006 10:45 PM

quick question on swaddlebees fit/szing

I've got a skinny toddler...thigh is maybe 10 in and waist is 17 in, gosh rise is anywhere from 16-18??? What sz should I get m or l swaddlebees??? I'm mainly thinking of ss swaddlebees.

If it helps he wears a M happy heiny and a PT fb both on the smallest setting

gazapo 04-30-2006 10:52 PM

Re: quick question on swaddlebees fit/szing

Oh, I LOVE swaddlebees because their cut has just the right amount of fabric just where it is needed. I have a small baby too: she's 9 month and wears a Medium in the first set of snaps. I think you'll do great with a medium. My daughter also wears a M HH and still has a LONG way to go. HTH!

*MamaStacy* 04-30-2006 10:59 PM

My son has 11" thighs, 18" waist and 17" rise and he wears the medium Swaddlebees. He, too, wears med. HHs and PT FBs. It sounds like mediums would definately be your best bet. Our tabs are still touching each other on our medium Swaddlebees, lots of room to grow in the waist! :thumbsup:

janelyb 04-30-2006 11:03 PM

ok should I buy the swaddlebees inserts or use my own joeybunz or my microfiber towels?????

Blessedmommieof3 05-01-2006 02:38 AM

definately the Mediums...my little man has a 19 inch waist and is on the smallest setting in his larges. I find that the SB inserts fit the best. The are so contoured in the crotch area that MF towels seem to bunch up in the middle if I try to use them If I get them narrow enough there, they are too narrow elsewhere.

While I'm awaiting my new SB inserts (I prefer hemp) to arrive for all the SBs I bought here, I've been using Gerber pre-folds & they work "o-k", a little bunchy and certainly not absorbant enough.

Hillbilly Bunny 05-01-2006 07:36 AM

My dd has an 18inch waist and fits the Larges on the tightest setting. I would think she would be able t owear mediums, too. I love Ducky Buns inserts in our Swaddlebees.

janelyb 05-01-2006 01:25 PM

thanks everyone....I'm guessing I'm gonna give them a try.

Janel

raversangel 05-01-2006 02:57 PM

my guy had a 15" waist and 9.25" thighs and i set it on the tightest setting on the mediums, so i would think mediums would fit best imo :D

*MamaStacy* 05-01-2006 03:08 PM

I love the Swaddlebees Microterry inserts in them, they are absorbent and really trim. I also have been using hemp prefolds in them, those work well, too. :)

rimomma 05-01-2006 03:24 PM

The SB hemp inserts are the best imo!