Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Baby Boy problem, please help!?!?!?!? Update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2654)

OnlyaMommy 04-30-2006 10:58 PM

Baby Boy problem, please help!?!?!?!? Update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London is my third baby boy. My other children had bigger ummmmm . Wel you know, London does not have much there. He is circumcised and is so chunky that it just slips back in his skin. KWIM? I pull the skin back when I change him, but now I have noticed that it looks almost like it is adearing back to the way it was before he was circumsied! I put lubricant on it, but nothing helps. Today it almost looked purple it was so dark. Has anyone ever had this problem? What did you do? Im so afriad that he will have to be cut again!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-30-2006 11:20 PM

Re: Baby Boy problem, please help!?!?!?!?

oh no, changing color is not good, i'd call the dr and get him in there to be seen, im sorry:hugs:

my son is not cut so i am no help but wanted to say i hope it turns out ok and the dr can help w/o re-:hugs: cutting him

OnlyaMommy 04-30-2006 11:49 PM

Thanks, I think I am going to call his ped. tomorrow. He has an unrilogoist, but only goes there for his kidneys, I wonder if I should bypass the family doc and go straight to him. I really dont know what they can do honestly, it stays inside him, so it really would not do any good to recut it KWIM. Anyway, thanks for posting!

Melissa 04-30-2006 11:54 PM

My son was the same way super chunky so that it slipped back in. He did have it readhere and the doctor basically pulled on it until it came apart. If I would have known that is what he was going to do I am not sure I would have let him. It looked like an open sore for a few days. My son saw a urologist also for a hydrocele (fluid in the scrotum) our ped didnt tell us to go there, but it maybe a better outcome for your little guy if you do. Dont get me wrong Jacob has no issues now but man that had to be painful :cry:

I think you should take him in, but ask more questions then I did. He was my first and I was young and naive at the time.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-01-2006 12:49 AM

omg melissa, im sorry your lil one had to go through that, it does sound painful.

i agree , ask more questins when you take him in and please update us:hugs:

Lucky Child 05-01-2006 08:56 AM

:yeahthat:
:hugs:

myajdw 05-05-2006 07:01 PM

okay i actually had that problem with ds#2 and he wasn't even chunky. it just happens i guess, but didn't even happen with him until he was 5 months and the ped was actually nice enough to tell me to continue to do what i was doing (i had already slowly been pulling it back away and each time putting neosporin on it and a & d to keep it slick), he said either i could continue to do it slowly or he would have to do it and i that i didn't want that to happen. so i continued and one day while i was slowly doing it (you just have to be gentle and just do it at each diaper change) the skin finally just gave way. after that i just always kept a & d (the regular ointment NOT the diaper cream) on it to keep it lubricated so it wouldn't grow back AGAIN. what caused this with him IMO was that the circ wasn't fully done, the ped said otherwise, but this is my opinion and i had a nurse prac later on say the same. the ped i started going to after this said he could finish the circ but i refuse to put my DS through that again. he's now going to be 3 this summer and all is good. the turtle is just half in it's shell at rest is all lol.

singlemomto3 05-05-2006 07:30 PM

I don't know if you mean its going back in his body because of his chub, or if you mean its going back into the skin. My son had his redone at about maybe 9 months, because they didn't cut enough off so it would readhere to itself. The uroligist we saw pulled it back, which there wasn't any reason to do it in the office, they could have waited until they put him to sleep to redo it. Good luck, get it fixed early so he doesn't remember it. The little neighbor kid had to have a surgury since his pee hole was on the bottom instead of the front and he was like 2 years old and wanted to touch it once it was wrapped up trying to heal. Good luck.

OnlyaMommy 05-09-2006 12:10 PM

Thanks mamas! We finally had our appoinment today and saying London is mad is a huge understatement! SHe looked at it and said yeap: its adhearing back becuase of his (fat pad). Then she proceeds to take the hard end of one of those plastic q tip things they have and jam it down in his poor little wee wee. Before I copuld even say anything at all, she was poking him with it! He was crying so pitifuly, I told her to stop and just took him up in my arms. Now she says to just put the antibacterial ointment on it everytime I change him. He is so red and raw, it hurts him to even pee! I feel so guilty for letting it happen to him.

Oh the good note, she did say that once he started walking and lost some weight, that he would not have such an issue with it!

Tangy 05-09-2006 12:14 PM

Re: Baby Boy problem, please help!?!?!?!? Update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!