Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VB AIO Leaked BAD-still need help! Update at bottom (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26585)

mamamac 07-30-2006 11:56 AM

VB AIO Leaked BAD-still need help! Update at bottom

I bought a few VB from a Mama awhile back and I just used one of them for the first time (it was hidden in the drawer). It wasn't on Claire for more than 5 minutes when I realized that my hand, my shirt, the couch, her outfit, and the diaper were SOAKED! It went right through the PUL. Do I need to re-waterproof it? These were never used per the Mama but washed. Any ideas to why it happened. It didn't with the other 2 that I have.

OneFabMama 07-30-2006 11:58 AM

Re: VB AIO Leaked BAD

So the mama you bought it from neverused it? Just washed it? Was it new when she bought it, if not it soundslike it needs to be stripped.

foofoomomma 07-30-2006 12:01 PM

strip it! It shouldnt need to be re-proofed unless it was used a LOT!

mamamac 07-30-2006 12:08 PM

:headscratch: How do I strip it? Do I need to do the soaker as well?

love2bmom2chris 07-30-2006 12:16 PM

Stripping works for fabrics that repel over time. If the inner is birdseye or hemp, it shouldn't need stripping cuz it should never repel (correct me if I am wrong mammas). If the inner is fleece or suedecloth, it could need stripping.

kezoo 07-30-2006 02:03 PM

Well, if the mama used fabric softener on her dipes, then even absorbant materials wouldn't absorb very well and the pee would potentially run right off! Stripping is pretty easy, so it's worth a try. Run the dipe in the washer with hot water only - check and see if bubbles come out. If they do, keep running the dipe in hot water until all bubbles are out. If you suspect fabric softener, use a small amout of Dawn dish liquid and scrub the inside of the dipe w/ it. Wash and rinse until water runs clear - try again on baby! :)
ps/ loooove your dd's name :hugegrin:

love2bmom2chris 07-30-2006 02:35 PM

True...didn't think of that one!:thumbsup:

juniper29 07-30-2006 06:42 PM

Hi mama! You've got me worried! Did you buy that from me? Which dipe is it? LMK!!!!!
Jen

Hillbilly Bunny 07-30-2006 08:25 PM

If it's birdseye or hemp you need to prewash it several times before it reaches it's maximum absorbancy ;)

mamamac 07-30-2006 08:57 PM

I will try washing it several times and see if that works. I just thought it was kind of odd that the two that I got from the Mama, one works great, and this one didn't. If it still doesn't work I will use the Dawn. Thanks ladies!