Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Teething.... why does it affect.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26672)

SarahJane 07-30-2006 06:44 PM

Teething.... why does it affect....

their poop? I'm so over this. Our son has been cutting his 1 year molars for what seems to be months. I've tried changing his diet.... but we're still getting these terrible you know? Any thoughts? Is this normal? Does anything help? I'm using liners now for every diaper. Washing every day.... :yuck:

Watercolor Ponies 07-30-2006 07:32 PM

Re: Teething.... why does it affect....

I have heard that having to swallow all that extra saliva contibutes to the runny poop, bu that may be an old wives tale. I am not sure anyone can give a definite reason, as some babies don't seem to terribly affected by it. None of my kiddos have had an issue with runny poo associated with teething. Just remember, this too shall pass, and you will be on to something else that makes ya wonder!!:laugh:

lararum 07-30-2006 07:36 PM

If you have access to homeopathic remedies, calcarea carbonica 30c, once a day helps teeth come in. Won't help the poo, but it seems to speed up the cutting process.

mrsott 07-30-2006 07:43 PM

I had never heard of this before... baby girls first teeth, the bottom two, just cut thru the gums yesterday! I havent noticed a difference in poo though... but she definately is not swallowing the extra saliva....

SarahJane 07-30-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lararum
If you have access to homeopathic remedies, calcarea carbonica 30c, once a day helps teeth come in. Won't help the poo, but it seems to speed up the cutting process.

Thank you for the idea. He isn't eating much either so I'd love to speed this along. I've never heard of it. I'll do a search.

thanks again,

a_cthelen 07-30-2006 08:36 PM

DS has the same poo problems. I read about it in "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. It does exist! I hope your DS gets those teeth thru soon!!

SarahJane 07-30-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_cthelen
DS has the same poo problems. I read about it in "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. It does exist! I hope your DS gets those teeth thru soon!!

Thank you, sorry your son has it too. For some reason the molars have just taken forever and now he's cutting eye teeth too. Poor little guy!

Let's hope we both get through it quickly!

veganmamma 07-30-2006 10:28 PM

So sorry Sarah! Poor William. Can you give him some chammomile tea mixed in a sippy cup with his water? This settles the stomach and aides digestion.

Also while he is teething try increasing his banannas, rice and apple intake and cut WAY down of his other fruits and dairy and soy. These foods don't help the situation. And binding foods should help.

HUgs. This too shall pass...

twinsmomkatie 07-30-2006 10:41 PM

Oh, yep, POISON POOP for us before EACH TOOTH . . . on all 3 kiddos!

My ped said this didn't happen . . . and then she had a baby! :goodvibes: Now she recommends rice cereal . . .

widdletigger 07-30-2006 10:45 PM

ahh yes my mother tells horror storries of the poo that comes with cutting the molars. She also raves about this bizar mixture she used to feed us of iced tea, jello and something else . . . if you are feeling brave Ill ask her if she remembers the recipie. according to her it was the mirical cure for teething poop.