Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why us?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26770)

Kimmomy2dom 07-30-2006 11:37 PM

Why us?!

I don't get it - why do we stain EVERYTHING? Is it just because of what ds eats? We dump whatever poo off we can, but we don't soak them or anything (save for the cold soak in the washer). Should I try soaking them overnight from now on? I get a BBL that is obviously not stained, and the first time we use it he poops and now the doubler is stained. *sigh*. He really only poops once a day, so it's whatever dipe he happens to be wearing then. Usually a prefold, though, and since I won't be re-selling those it's not as big of a deal.
Is there anything I can do? I know a lot of people say the only thing they can use is a liner, but that doesn't look too exciting, LOL.

Melissa 07-30-2006 11:45 PM

Re: Why us?!

I dunno, we hardly stain anything...

But I usualy wash every other day if not sooner.Maybe that hass something to o with it, how often do you wash? I dotsoak I just shake like you said also.

Kimmomy2dom 07-30-2006 11:52 PM

Hey Melissa. :hugs: I dunno - every 2 days or so I guess. I think that poopy one that we just got (BBL) was at the very bottom of the pail, though, KWIM? He happened to poop in that one the soonest, LOL.

Melissa 07-30-2006 11:56 PM

:hugs: back at ya!

Seems like the ones at the bottom always smell the worst to me lol. TMI maybe but is his poo turds or still a bit mushy? Amelia's is lmost big kid poo and so it litterally rolls off ewwwwwwwwwww

tararaboomdeea 07-31-2006 12:00 AM

We get lots of stains too, not matter how long I soak :headscratch: What detergent do you use? I just started using SportWash and you can "pretreat" by pouring a little detergent to the stain and letting it sit for a little while before you wash, maybe that will help. I just sun everything and that takes out all our stains! :hugs:

Ooey 07-31-2006 04:29 AM

Soaking overnight w/ vinager and if really bad oxyclean helped us! NAK

imommy 07-31-2006 04:51 AM

Fleece liners!!!

I've made/cut fleece liners to fit perfectly into each diaper for this very reason. It's cheap and protects the diaper. That's my suggestion. It also makes poop dumping a breeze. I've also resorted to separating prefolds from dipes and then washing accordingly. I usually wash the dipes on a longer cycle then the prefolds. Also, I've been doing a medium (in length) cycle where I wash strictly with baking soda on cold. This agitates and washes the dipes so that they are nice and wrung out and washed before doing the hot/cold cycle. Then I wash on a hot/cold cycle and we have had great results from this! It does take longer but it's totally worth it! If that doesn't work, sun does the trick.

I hope those help!

Kimmomy2dom 07-31-2006 06:15 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah - his poo CAN be harder, but he's been teething so I think it's a little more gooey, LOL.
We use Allens (powder) so I don't think I can pretreat with that. I honestly hadn't noticed how bad that one was as I think DH did the dipes this time around.
DS has some kind of "issue" with fleece and will get a REALLY bad rash all over if we use it - so I think those liners are out.
I might try soaking them sometime in something else, I guess for now I'll just be resigned to stains unless I'm selling something.

vick 07-31-2006 06:23 AM

Kim, I always completely rinse and then wet pail poopy dipes (and overnight pee dipes) and we seem to be doing pretty well avoiding stains. Actually, the only stains in her dipes are from other kids in dipes I've bought used!

deejahd 07-31-2006 07:05 AM

We never stain. Well I can't say never we did once and then before I dried it I oxyclean babied it and it came out. But, we do pretreat right after the poo. I change his diper then put him in a new one, take poopy to the bathroom and spray it off with the diapersprayer and spray charlies soap pretreater on any of the spots that look poopy (1tbs charlies soap powder dissolved in 1 cup water). It's worked great for us! We've also had success with pretreating with the bac-out (bioclean) stuff but the dipes seem to hold on to that smell.

HTH,
Deidre