Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How to "plan" the sex of your baby... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26923)

Watercolor Ponies 07-31-2006 01:37 PM

How to "plan" the sex of your baby...

Lol, now I know there is no way to really do this, and I am a believer in God and ultimately He will give us what He wants to give us, but can't we have fun trying? So what are your best stories, wives tales, methods-scientific or otherwise on how to get a girl? Or stories, wives tales, methods of avoiding having another boy (although after 3 boys, I am not so sure if I would know what to do with a girl!:smiley_haha: ) So, bring em on ladies!:goodvibes:

TwinKristi 07-31-2006 01:40 PM

Re: How to "plan" the sex of your baby...

I'll be watching this thread... LOL After 5 boys I'm a little interested in this! :giggle:

Kimmomy2dom 07-31-2006 01:43 PM

Well, there's a few different ideas on positions (woman on top is supposed to give you a girl - personally I just think that it's just harder work for the sperm, LOL and I didn't want to waste any sperm when we were ttc). We didn't really use it - but there is the one (the name escapes me, sorry) of timing bding with you O. If you bd ON the day that you ovulate, that's supposed to get you a boy. Now, we know that doesn't always happen becasue I bd'd on O day (no bding around there, either, didn't think I would O then) and I got two girls. They all have their pitfalls, LOL, and apparently most of them don't really work.
There are some herbs, etc. that increase fertility (they talk about them on FF, maybe someone can refresh me it's been awhile) and some have been linked more to boys than girls. I can't tell you which ones - but if you go looking you might find them.
LOL, my DH always "knew" after we got pg what the sex was - and he's always been right. This past time he knew it would be a girl even before we conceived, so ask DH to tell you when he feels girly I guess. DH also said he was "thinking twins" when we were ttc, but he told me later he was joking, LOL, so who knows.
Good luck - I think in the end it really is just luck of the draw, and sooner or later (sooner, I think ;) ) odds are in your favor to get a girl!
Oh, there are actual books out there about this if you want more ideas on any of them. LOL, I don't know if I would want to spend my money on them, but it might be worth a try!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-31-2006 01:45 PM

from what ive read, male sperm-y- swim alot faster and live a shorter time while female-x- swim slower yet live longer. SO
chart and see when your going to "o" and have sex 2-3 days before so the males are in there and will die off and leave only the XX sperm in there to find your egg.

Watercolor Ponies 07-31-2006 01:47 PM

How do you chart? I am super fertile, so I do prescription BC, bcs nothing else works. Just ask my 3 kids!:laugh: What does charting involve?

Severine 07-31-2006 01:49 PM

There are several methods, but I'm not an expert on any because I've only read what others posted on them. Shettles is one.

The girls on FF are all talking about pH level right now. I guess a pH of 4-5 is girl territory whereas 5.5-6 is boy? You're supposed to eat more dairy and less sodium for a girl, more sodium for a boy.

"Woman on top" has been touted as being beneficial for boys and girls, so I dont' think there's any truth to that one.

SugarBunsWool&More 07-31-2006 01:50 PM

www.fertilityfriend.com
That's where I log my info.
I take my temp every morning, looking for a pattern, check cervical mucous, if I have any and sometimes check my cervix.
Pick up the book Taking charge of your fertility for more info on charting, the author doesn't offer any info on sex selection methods. :)

Watercolor Ponies 07-31-2006 01:51 PM

How would you even begin to know the ph?

Severine 07-31-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMer
How do you chart? I am super fertile, so I do prescription BC, bcs nothing else works. Just ask my 3 kids!:laugh: What does charting involve?

Charting involves keeping track of your basal body temperature (your temp at rest when you wake up in the morning... you keep track of it at the same time every day) and your fertile signs (cervical mucus, cervical position, stuff like that). Fertility Friend used to be a great way to keep track, but things have gone downhill. These ladies should have another resource you can use for tracking.

There is a clear thermal shift when you ovulate, which keeping track of your temp daily would be able to show you. This helps you figure out when your O day is exactly (since nobody has a textbook cycle) so you can plan accordingly.

For pH you can get litmus paper at the pharmacy at Walmart, or online, and that will tell you what your pH level is. The more acidic, the better the environment for girls...

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-31-2006 01:53 PM

theres a site called
www.fertilityfriend.com

im not sure how much it costs but it charts for you when you get AF and all.
most woman O after 14 days after af has visited. so between 14-18 days you "should" ovulate.
my dr told me when we were ttc our first, and it was confusing, she said
21 days AFTER af and then subtract 7 days for af, something like that SOO i was trying to crack her "code"..lol
and it comes out around 14-18 days, well when i becamew pg with danny, it was 18 days after af had came to visit. it worked when we did get pg and i was in shock as it took us 2 1/2 yrs to conceive him, with my daughter it was so easy and we got pg FAST!

goodluck:hugs: