Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Beach questions! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27048)

momovthree 07-31-2006 08:07 PM

Beach questions!

We are going to the shore soon and I'm wondering about the water there. Usually the water by the ocean is a bit saltier, does that change the wash routine at all? And I'm assuming I should be super careful about not getting sand in the dipes, will it get all stuck in them like I'm thinking?

Wish me luck, we're going a week and bringing only cloth *biting nails*

babiesabove 07-31-2006 08:12 PM

Re: Beach questions!

I'm at the beach right now. We use our pockets sans insert as swim dipes so our diapers got full of sand. I just finished washing our first load of dipes while we're here. They came out just fine. No need to worry about getting sand in your diapers. I will preface this with I only use snaps so I don't know how the sand would be with aplix.
-Holly

momovthree 07-31-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babiesabove
I'm at the beach right now. We use our pockets sans insert as swim dipes so our diapers got full of sand. I just finished washing our first load of dipes while we're here. They came out just fine. No need to worry about getting sand in your diapers. I will preface this with I only use snaps so I don't know how the sand would be with aplix.
-Holly

Yay for the beach, I hope you are having a good time! Glad to hear the sand was okay. I'm all paranoid about the diapers being ruined, typical addict. :lostit:

momtophr 07-31-2006 09:04 PM

We go to the beach often and we usually just use a cover without an insert. Almost all of our dipes are aplix and it has not been a problem. I usually do use an older diaper just to be on the safe side but have never had a problem. HTH:goodvibes:

christi2705 07-31-2006 09:51 PM

We went a few months ago, and we just took her to the beach in a swim dipe. If I needed a little absorbancy I just tossed a doubler into the swim diaper and then took it out before she got in the water. I just rinsed them off with a hose once we got back to the house and then just washed them with the rest of my dipes (or clothes...I can't remember).

luckyduckies 07-31-2006 09:55 PM

We live at the beach and i just wash them normal.They wash up fine no worries.have fun:lostit:

tatumsmom 07-31-2006 10:16 PM

Thanks for the thread, we leave Thursday for the beach!:lostit:

momovthree 08-01-2006 07:10 AM

Great, thanks mamas!!! Sounds like the dipes will be just fine :mrgreen: