Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lilypadz question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27055)

Irishmommy 07-31-2006 08:19 PM

Lilypadz question

I bought some of these and I'm not sure if they work or not...can you sweat under them? I do have some moisture under there when I take them off. Am I doing something wrong and leaking or am I just sweating, and is that normal? Granted when I tried them this summer it was high 90's in the TX heat. Just wondering if I'm a lilypadz dummy...

Irishmommy 08-01-2006 06:12 AM

Re: Lilypadz question

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

KKDJLJA 08-01-2006 01:02 PM

I use the lilypadz but only in the cases when I CANT wear nursing pads (the pool, my dads wedding) Anyway, you can and do sweat under them because silicone doesnt breath. That is why I only wear them at these certain times. I get really irritated if I use them a lot.

greenkmt 08-01-2006 02:46 PM

I would give you a response but I have never used Lilly Pads. BUMP for you though!

snowbird25ca 08-02-2006 04:58 PM

I had a very strong letdown and for me I would get a little pool of milk under the liliy padz if I didn't have the nipple pressed in enough when I put them on. I never used them in the summer heat, so I'm not sure about the sweating...

If it is a bit of milk pooling, you can stop it by applying pressure with your free hand to the breast you're not nursing on when you have your first letdown... that worked for me anyways.

Oh, and I wore mine all the time for probably 3 months or so, maybe longer. I swear if it wasn't for Lily Padz I would've had to buy stock in a breastpad company. :giggle: I didn't have any big problems, although I'd sometimes get itchy on my breast where the Lily Padz adhered.

Lucky Child 08-02-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmommy
I bought some of these and I'm not sure if they work or not...can you sweat under them? I do have some moisture under there when I take them off. Am I doing something wrong and leaking or am I just sweating, and is that normal? Granted when I tried them this summer it was high 90's in the TX heat. Just wondering if I'm a lilypadz dummy...

Hi Shannon! I miss you... wher ehave you been?
You can def sweat under them. You'll know if you use them wrong b/c your shirt will be wet :giggle:

Pam221 08-02-2006 05:28 PM

I was wondering about them too , mine wont stay on for some reason , I think I might be doing it wrong ......were'd I stick those durn corrections ? lol Hubby think the big wet spots are hot anyway *rolls eyes* I really hope someone can help explain these things cause they were a pretty penny .

drenotdoctor 08-02-2006 06:11 PM

I can't help you much, but When I used them (almost 3 years ago-don't know if they changed), they S-U-C-K-E-D. I did have a strong letdown though. I sweat under them, and they always leaked. After about 3 days of spills, sweats, and shirt changing, I went back to the old way. :)

Hope you have better luck than I did!

deejahd 08-03-2006 09:01 AM

:popcorn: watching this thread just got 2 pair for when DC is born. I am (was last time) a serious leaker....

kellypillar 08-04-2006 07:06 AM

They really just don't work for me. I have a very strong letdown and would always have a pool of milk behind the pad or pain from it damming in my milk. I switched to wool pads and have never been more comfortable. I tried hard to make the Padz work, but they just aren't for me. Think they'd resale if I sanitized them?