Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   How do I convince hubby?*UPDATE!!!*** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27116)

flutist 08-01-2006 07:42 AM

How do I convince hubby?*UPDATE!!!***

How do I convince my hubby that now is the right time to have a second baby? I'm totally ready and he says we're not financially ready!!! When are you ever "ready". Our first will be a year this month and I want them close together, he says it's too close. What do I do???

HELP!!!!!

:lostit: UPDATE!!!!:lostit:

We had a long talk last night (Aug 2nd '06) and after consideration MY HUBBY AGREED THAT NOW IS THE TIME TO TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes: Thank you mamas for all your advice, I think some of it helped! Now all I need to do is figure out if I've ovulated or not. I'm bf my 11mos. old and I've had AF once or twice. Wish me luck girls!!!:thumbsup:

Severine 08-01-2006 09:35 AM

Re: How do I convince hubby?

When you figure it out, let me know - mine's still not totally convinced! We did the not-trying/not-preventing thing a couple times this month but he will not purposely try.

jls~Kain~Drake 08-01-2006 01:43 PM

I don't know how to convince him, but mine are 5 days shy of 19months apart (got pg when #1 was 11mo)...and I love it...*IF* I had to change anything...I'd make them closer together....BUT, I think it's perfect the way it is :) So far, #2 hasn't been that much more expensive than only having 1. When you consider cloth diapers, breastfeeding, etc...and mine were both boys, so #2 was LOADED with clothes..most of them still new looking :)...For US, adding him hasn't been too much different on the bank acct. And, supposedly, when they're close together - they're supposed to be great friends and all that jazz :) When my 2.5yo gets up in the morning, first thing he does is look for his little brother.

Anyway, I don't have any real advice :) If I'd have told my husband all that I just said, he wouldn't have been convinced :) But, now he's happy :)

flutist 08-01-2006 02:00 PM

Thanks for the advice I really hope I can convince him I'm crying inside for #2!!!

Blackbirdlane 08-01-2006 05:56 PM

I have ds 4 1/2 and dd who is 2 and dh has agreed to a #3, but he still says not yet. :headscratch: I like a little space but not to be too far apart. My advice though is to not push too much or he might just say no way for good.

Prettylocks 08-01-2006 06:02 PM

Financially ready? Babies barely cost anything if you stay home with them, breastfeed, cd, and use handmedowns! Easier said than done I guess :laugh: . It's not like your gonna be sending to college anytime soon! Okay, I am probably not being very helpful. Maybe you can talk him into it at an intimate moment? BTW mine are 2 yrs apart and that is PERFECT! Maybe compromise and wait just a few more months? That way the handmedowns from the first will all be the right seasons :lostit:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-01-2006 06:13 PM

We're not ttc right now but the baby fever has been creeping in on me:giggle: it HAS to wait with our family, at least until Danae is all better and healthy again

i'd write down all the pro's for having another, there really isnt a Right time to have another financially, bills will always be there. i also agree not to overpush because it might turn him off completely to ever wanting to have another, goodluck mama:hugs:

flutist 08-01-2006 07:13 PM

Thanks Sally!!! and by the way I send my prayers and thoughts to your little Danae!!!!

flutist 08-02-2006 02:02 PM

I added a super update to my drama!! Thanks to all of you who gave your advice!!!

hfitz5051 08-03-2006 07:40 AM

I'm glad it worked out! My dh was convinced we should wait, too. But I convinced him that I am the one giving birth and raising the kids. I don't want to wait until we are done with bottles, diapers, night feedings, being fat.... just to start it again. I'm already used to these things now lol. That and I pretty much just attacked him and wouldn't take no for an anwser.