Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dare i say it? Stink problems SOLVED?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27167)

Fither 08-01-2006 10:32 AM

Dare i say it? Stink problems SOLVED?!

i soaked all my CB inserts in HOT HOT water with a few scoops of oxyclean free, and rinsed rinsed rinsed! and, although i'm scared to say it, the stink is gone!!! he has worn four of them so far and not even a hint of smell. i love burying my face in his dipe and smelling nothing!! :blush: is that weird? :giggle:

i want to send out a huge thank you to all the mamas who helped me yesterday! i'm so happy! and since my son is growing out of his mediums anyway, i get to order some new dipes this week! :lostit:

Prettylocks 08-01-2006 10:37 AM

Re: Dare i say it? Stink problems SOLVED?!

:broc: :carrot: :banana:

HappyCDMamainWI 08-01-2006 10:42 AM

Yay!!!! Glad to hear the stink is gone.

deeannielannie 08-01-2006 10:45 AM

woohoo!!

boy, it's nice to hear that something besides bleach works for that.....i'm gonna try that next time!

(it is such a thrill to get a really scarey dipe out of the wash and breathe in only a clean smell!.....didn't think my life would come to this! :laugh: )

deeannielannie 08-01-2006 10:45 AM

woohoo!!

boy, it's nice to hear that something besides bleach works for that.....i'm gonna try that next time!

(it is such a thrill to get a really scarey dipe out of the wash and breathe in only a clean smell!.....didn't think my life would come to this! :laugh: )

Fither 08-01-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeannielannie
woohoo!!

LOL, yes, i know exactly what you mean! it's just so satisfying!! :hugegrin:

SarahJane 08-01-2006 10:49 AM

Whoo Hoo! I love oxyclean! Works for me every time. That and really hot water! It's also great for brightening everything up! :goodvibes:

veganmamma 08-01-2006 11:46 AM

I'm so glad you didn't need bleach. (I don't even own bleach!) I'll have to remember to pass along that Oxi clean takes out stink! Great job Mama!

:happyclap:

masonite 08-01-2006 08:02 PM

That's my secret trick for the stinkies!! It's always worked awesome for me. Also, if you can find it, Sun (the laundry detergent) makes their own brand of Oxyclean--it's a TON cheaper and works just as well. That's what I always use!

And, YAY! for ordering new diapers!! I love that!

fouradss 08-01-2006 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=Fither]i love burying my face in his dipe and smelling nothing!! :blush: is that weird? :giggle:

QUOTE]

:spit: I always get strange looks from DH when he catches me smelling the dipes. There truly is something strangely gratifiing about it. Kinda like when you get that big boogy out of dc nose. :giggle: