Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2nd diaper pail for other diaper stations in the house? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276490)

stevie 11-25-2007 06:40 PM

2nd diaper pail for other diaper stations in the house?

I am having a c-section on Thu and this is my first child. I have our main "changing area" in our bedroom with a wastebasket diaper pail and then Since I don' t know how mobile I will be when I get home, it's hard to plan and I really don't know yet where I will end up spending most of my time. That said, if I change the baby away from the diaper pail, should I get a couple of small pails, just walk into the bedroom and put the dirties in there, or use a wetbag or none of the above?

What do you do or what would you suggest? I do have a med. and small wetbag which I could use if I needed to ...

Thanks!

mommy2alex2004 11-25-2007 08:35 PM

Re: 2nd diaper pail for other diaper stations in the house?

We have two changing areas. One with most of the diapers in downstairs in the Family room because I can't run upstairs all the time with a 3 year old on the loose, lol. It is actually the changing table on the packnplay and the dipes are stored in the packnplay since we don't use it now. We just added a small pail for those dipes in the downstairs powder room and the dipes are carried upstairs during naptimes or at bedtime. We had to do that since our dog was getting interested in the poopy diapers :yuck:.

Our regular large pail is upstairs. It is a wal mart plastic trash can with a WAHMies pail liner. It is in the children's bathroom next to the toilet and diaper sprayer. We have a changing table (really an antique wash stand)in the nursery but we really only change her there in the middle of the night or before/after naptime. All of her night dipes and a few day dipes are stored in the cabinet below it.

Funny, when we were CDing DS the only changing table was in his nursery but I didn't have a toddler or preschooler running around then and I also didn't have a C/S.

Good luck mama and enjoy your new baby!!!

stevie 11-25-2007 09:43 PM

Thanks! I am thinking maybe I am going overkill on the changing stations in different parts of the same floor. I think maybe one pail is enough. I can put a smaller one in my downstairs office, but I probably won't even be down there for a few weeks. We'll see...

mommyshannon 11-25-2007 11:14 PM

I just used a med wetbag for a while until I bought my pail and pail liner. You could just keep a wetbag near the other changing area, and dump it into the larger pail if it gets full. Good luck Thursday!!!! I hope you have a quick recovery!

mommytaylor 11-25-2007 11:29 PM

i planned on using the changing table in ds's room but now i just change him in the living room on a pad on the floor... only have one pail/one pail liner but havent hada prob yet

nak

hmurrant 11-26-2007 12:05 AM

I have two pails - mostly bcs they are small-ish and I need them both to hold all the dirty diapers (they hold about 1/2 a laundry load each) So I have one by the toilet for convenient tossing of the diaper after dumping bm's out (which you won't have to worry about for a while!) and one by my 'usual' changing area (whereever that happens to be that week, lol)

vickieboggs 11-26-2007 02:29 AM

I have 2 pails.....one on main level of the house (in the laundry room) and one in baby's room.

Tiredmama 11-26-2007 02:47 AM

I have 2 pails right now but I have 2 in diapers so this helps. I keep the pails in the bathroom because I don't want them in any other rooms of the house.

Malissa

mississippimommy 11-26-2007 04:39 AM

I use an empty sheetrock bucket...dry pail method. Lovin' it and no stink.