Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   item not as expected..what to do? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2797)

bellsmom 05-01-2006 12:59 PM

item not as expected..what to do?

I was wondering..what would you do if you bought an item from a mama on here and it was really stained w/o you knowing? I am fairly new to this site and I want to do the kosher thing. I can not find the item in the original forum for some reason. I don't feel like the item is resaleable even before I use it due to some major pooh staining inside and a little on the outside. Help?:banghead:

kissum 05-01-2006 01:03 PM

Re: item not as expected..what to do?

Contact her and ask for your money back, if you send it back. Or maybe a partial refund? A stain like that needs to be mentioned when you sell something!! There's no way it was unnoticed when she sold.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-01-2006 01:21 PM

Pm her and tel her you'd like a refund, i agree, items should be described fully and then its your choice if you still want it or not, its the fair thing to do. im sorry this has happend, and hopefully the mama will refund or something.:hugs:

Lucky Child 05-01-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
Pm her and tel her you'd like a refund, i agree, items should be described fully and then its your choice if you still want it or not, its the fair thing to do. im sorry this has happend, and hopefully the mama will refund or something.:hugs:

:yeahthat:

Just pm them, let them know it was misrepresented and you'd like to send it back for a refund.

rebyell 05-01-2006 01:28 PM

I have had that happen to me already a couple times in just the short month I have been on the FSOT. Both mamas have taken back their items without too much of an issue. It still makes me feel like I have been the one that did something wrong to complain. I feel like I HAVE to say something though because with my limited diaper money I try to be really picky about what I buy, even if it is used doesnt mean it has to be stained! I take really good care of my diapers so I want to start out in good condition then if I wreck it, it is my own fault!

Samantha 05-01-2006 01:35 PM

Check out the Sold/traded/gone forum at the bottom. That is where all the sold items go.

I would contact the mama and tell her that no staining was mentioned in the post and ask her how you two could make the situation right on both your ends. (by her either refunding you and you sending the diaper back, partial refund ETC)

MomsHelpingMoms 05-01-2006 01:37 PM

Make all efforts to contact her. I would also leave the appropriate feedback in her profile.

wbkt8 05-01-2006 04:16 PM

i just wanted to say too that i have had success in getting out even pretty bad stains with washing & sunning. sometimes it may take a couple applications of sun & on some stained sherpa ones i actually had to break out the toothbrush & dishwashing liquid but they're perfectly usable (and resaleable too) now.

not that that makes it ok for someone to sell an item w/o mentioning major stains. but just so you know that you may be able to fix it regardless of what you work out with the seller.

hope you get it all sorted out.

katie