Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HH...are these horrible or is it just me? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28260)

mommymilk 08-04-2006 08:06 PM

HH...are these horrible or is it just me?

I bought a bunch of brand new HH about 3 months ago...they are HORRIBLE! I have two solids and 6 prints. The solids are better than the prints, which I have read on here, but I am not happy with them at all. I don't stuff them with the proper stuffers, I use IPF, and I have stripped these numerous times as well as using RDL regularly. I have gone back to BSWW with a IPF and am quite happy, but a little pissed that I spent $100 on diapers that are no good. The fabric on the prints is even wearing very thin. Anyone else have these issues?

I am actually thinking of contacting Happy Heinys to see if I can send them back...

twinsmomkatie 08-04-2006 08:08 PM

Re: HH...are these horrible or is it just me?

Oh, goodness, we LOVE Happy Heiny's! Are yours leaking? We stuff with a tri-folded microfiber towel, and that's pretty much all we use. I bought 1 new, fell in love, and bought the rest used from here. I think I probably have about 15-20 of them.

Definitely call the company - they will either give you advice or help out somehow, maybe?

If not, you can probably sell them on here for about 2/3 or 3/4 of their "new" sale value.

Which doesn't keep your baby's bum dry, I know, but it's not like ALL the money is wasted, KWIM? Hope something works out for you!

mommymilk 08-04-2006 08:29 PM

Oh man! I used to use the trifold microfiber towel, then an infant prefold, now a regular premium and nothing is working. I thought they were the greatest things for about 2 weeks:cry: and now I despise having to put one on him since I know I will have to change him and his outfit in about 45 minutes.

I have motorcycles, robots and trains!

Sweetforestcat 08-04-2006 08:33 PM

wow, we love ours! I use hemp inserts wrapped with microfiber towels in them and no leaks or any problems with the fabric.

Have you put them in the dryer to seal the PUL? You are suppossed to do this about once a month with all print PUL and wash on hot everytime too! This should stop any wicking problems you have or you need to use more absorbancy because you may have a supersoaker like me!

tararaboomdeea 08-04-2006 08:35 PM

I HATED my HH's! Had so many leaking issues with them and also bought them new! They don't work for everyone and I think they're either you love them or hate them. I'm sorry they're not working for you!

rowynne 08-04-2006 08:40 PM

WE loved our HHs!! Even the prints! About a month after I got them though, I started having awful leaking issues & they were repelling like crazy so I stripped them with Dawn in the sink with a brush by hand & never had a problem after that.

mommymilk 08-04-2006 08:45 PM

I just emailed HH...I will see what she has to say.

Anyone have trouble with the fabric coming off the waist band area? The PUL is still there, but all the fabric is coming off.:banghead:

Sweetforestcat 08-04-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommymilk
I just emailed HH...I will see what she has to say.

Anyone have trouble with the fabric coming off the waist band area? The PUL is still there, but all the fabric is coming off.:banghead:

What do you mean? Do you have a picture? Is the fabric separating from the PUL? Hmmm..that is not good at all!

mommymilk 08-04-2006 09:10 PM

Not sure if you can see the holes in the fabric or not...they are small holes all along the waistband, on all of my prints (6). I am pretty bummed out. These
were wicked cool diapers!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ywife1/hh2.jpg

Sweetforestcat 08-04-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommymilk
Not sure if you can see the holes in the fabric or not...they are small holes all along the waistband, on all of my prints (6). I am pretty bummed out. These
were wicked cool diapers!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ywife1/hh2.jpg

I can see them...are the holes affecting function? One Roo I bought used had some holes in the PUL so I used Fabri-Tac to seal up the hole. It works pefectly now. Also, another PUL pocket I had had a tiny cut through both PUL and fabric outer so I used Fabri-Tac again and sewed up the outside hole and now it works perfectly! Would that work for you?

I remember reading somewhere that Knit fabric is actually a delicate fabric so maybe that is why? I don't really know but they should not fall apart after a month of use...I would be super bummed too! I hope you get a resolution!