Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Must have toys for 6-12 months (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2834)

romecat 05-01-2006 04:38 PM

Must have toys for 6-12 months

What were your children's favorite toys in the 6-12 month range? DD will be 8 months this week and I need to get some more developmental toys. They can be low tech, high tech, whatever--preferably not too loud though.

TIA

Bickie

mom_of_3g_1b 05-01-2006 08:09 PM

Re: Must have toys for 6-12 months

My DS loved the rock a stack and the shape sorter with the four shapes. We got him cloth books, soft blocks, balls. He really liked this water mat thing we had. You blow it up and fill it with water it had fish and things in it. My mom got him some simple cars with push handles they were by shellcore.

MamaLove 05-01-2006 08:25 PM

That's the teething and crawling time, so anything safe to bite on or that rolls around is great. My ds loved his little inflatable ball and his teething ring. Board books and touch-and-feel books are great, too.

wbkt8 05-01-2006 08:38 PM

yeah, dd had some chewy toys that she loved. her other favorite was (and it's still popular) a sensory cube from Lamaze.

Luv2bemommy 05-01-2006 09:15 PM

Meghan is 8.5 months and she is loving the roll-a-round things by fisher price! She also likes chewing on the soft books.. I got her one of those stacker things that light up, she likes to take it apart but hasnt quite got it back together but she loves the music and when it lights up.

romecat 05-02-2006 12:03 AM

Great info! Sounds like what we have been using. I am on the hunt for some balls though.

Anything else that is MUST have?

Thanks again!

Bickie

idlewildponies 05-08-2006 01:56 PM

DD's favs included a set of stacking cups from BabiesRUs. There are 8, they also stack, have holes in the bottom, numbers and can go in the tub. She's 13 mos and STILL loves them. I make a tower and "Jo-zilla" comes knock them down. She also loves a blue vanilla scented ball we got from a catalog WAHM thing... discovery toys maybe? It also squeaks and has nubbies so they can chew on it too. In the warmer outdoor weather you can't beat bubbles too. :)
Oh and she likes the plastic/soft baby einstein books. She tends to eat the board books!

Sarah

wbkt8 05-08-2006 02:39 PM

oh bubbles - that's a great suggestion. i hadn't even thought about trying those with dd (how dumb of me). glycerin bubbles are really cool too - i've never made them myself but i've seen others playing with them.

jls~Kain~Drake 05-08-2006 02:52 PM

I really like the stuff at:

www.atoygarden.com

Oh, and I second the eating the board books....ds1 ate a bunch of cardboard at that age...LOL

Radish4ever 05-08-2006 07:23 PM

ok honestly? Spoons, cups, tissue paper, lip balm tubes, lol anything that's not intended as a toy!

Right now she LOVES her elmo phone though if that helps. lol