Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   i knew my sister wasn't bright...but seriously... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28453)

myajdw 08-05-2006 05:15 PM

i knew my sister wasn't bright...but seriously...

okay so i was on the phone with one of my sisters today and she was talking to me about preparing in case something ever happens w/dh's job. just talking to me about saving money and such...asking if we have any saved up yet ect. first of all i'm not a complete dumbass and i swear she thinks i am, secondly we're not poor, thirdly is it really any of her business. but anyhow i know she's just concerned and trying to help...sometimes it's just irritating. i was like we'll we're almost to the point we can start saving some good money (b/c we'll be able to get cheaper health ins) and she kinda laughed and was like "you're about to have a new baby in the house how are you going to do that". i was like well we're using cloth diapers and won't need to worry about that for a good while. she was like "oh i didn't know that". then goes on to say "well formula is not cheap lacey"...acting like i don't know this simply b/c i was on wic w/the first two (i did bf them though). i was like ummm i breastfeed. she's all yeah but you can't do that forever...i was like yeah but you can do it until they're on regular milk at a year.
i knew she wasn't the brightest when it comes to kids but friggin seriously....that was about the stupidest question ever. you really would've thought she would've had a better comeback to the cloth diapering...something along the lines of having to buy new sizes or something lol.

lovemygirls 08-05-2006 06:23 PM

Re: i knew my sister wasn't bright...but seriously...

I just hate it when people are so ignorant! :banghead:

mama23boys 08-05-2006 06:45 PM

good greif!! well now you dont have to worry about baby cereal either-LOL.....

myajdw 08-05-2006 09:28 PM

haha!!!!

togg_mama 08-05-2006 10:02 PM

hope you laughed hard. what a ditz.:headscratch:

DucetteMama21842 08-05-2006 10:23 PM

I hate when people second guess me.

tillers72 08-06-2006 02:01 AM

:giggle: Yeah, we all know she isn't the brightest crayon...but really!

MamaMegan 08-06-2006 07:11 AM

Your sister sounds like a real gem.

myajdw 08-06-2006 07:37 AM

yeah she's a gem....or something alright lol

Marielblewis 08-06-2006 04:25 PM

I would have been like "What do you mean? If anything ever happens I just KNOW I can count on you. That's why we don't bother planning for our future, we know we'll always have you as a fallback." - This said in a very sarcastic tone should get the point across, or you could say it in a more serious tone just to screw with her head. The truth is she isn't being caring, she's being rude.