Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   clothes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28462)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 08-05-2006 05:54 PM

clothes

What are some good dipes that allow your babe to wear clothes and not feel so bulky? :D lol So far fuzzi bunz are the only ones but not that much... I swear he needs like 3 sizes bigger LMAO It's summer so he mostly goes in just a diaper right now but come fall n winter that won't cut it LOL I certainly do NOT want him in sposies :yuck: anyhow any advice? LOL He has some cute clothes that I am afraid he won't be able to wear LOL

Menfusse 08-05-2006 06:18 PM

Re: clothes

I used a lot of one piece outfits last winter and plan to do the same this winter too. I think they are so cute toddling around in rompers whether they are cloth diapered or not, but one piece outfits have more room in the tush. Can really comment on a trim dipe though, I am a pf's and some fitteds and covers kind of gal. So dd has a big ole bubble butt usually.
But I like it that way...lol.

ljane81 08-05-2006 06:26 PM

:popcorn:
I want to know too!

mama23boys 08-05-2006 06:41 PM

when i cd my 7yr old i just bought all his rompers bigger ESP sweats/pants! i used fitteds and PUL covers for him.

this time around i have found the wool love!! so at home he will be in pf's/longies and long sleeve tees. for his going out clothes it will be bigger pants/rompers over a pf'd/WWB cover.

LuAnn 08-05-2006 06:44 PM

SB

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 08-05-2006 07:37 PM

swaddlebees didn't work for us LOL thanks for your replies!

drenotdoctor 08-05-2006 08:00 PM

hmmmm...

Daisy doodles
Precious coverings
Harleyz Dipeez
and my personal fave...beccabottoms.

It really depends if your ds is a heavy wetter. Some of those I listed may not be a good fit for him.

btw...we hated SB's too. :yuck:

Janelle 08-05-2006 08:00 PM

For trim...Bumkins AIOs work (though they don't hold the hover dam!) :giggle:
Or before I became a wool lover, I liked the Bumkins covers w/ a prefold (reg size, not the premium) trifolded in it, or Mommy's Touch is trim, as is the Bum Genius.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 08-05-2006 08:01 PM

yeah he's a heavy wetter lol I like wool also, it's just expensive a lot of it and I can't knit or crochet lol

drenotdoctor 08-05-2006 08:26 PM

I like beccabottoms for that then (not for overnight)

Pockets are probably your best bet though. That's all ds can use since he saoks through everything. :yuck:

I like HH's, but they are about equal to FB's as far as trimness goes.

Have you considered using a trimmer insert, like Joeybunz? That will definitely trim the dipe down. (we use 2!) Makes a world of difference. HTH!