Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   where will you bf? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286013)

joy7s 12-09-2007 01:30 AM

where will you bf?

Just wondering!! I pretty much will be anywhere..if it's a small gathering of people or mostly men I try to get away just b/c dd's always lifting up my shirt.. exposing the goods (if you really want to call them that anymore) And at church if people are standing up around me that's a little strange. b/c they can look right down at me!! There is a woman at church who always feeds her dd in the bathroom!! I feel so sorry for her!! One time we were at a church picnic and she said she had to take her baby home to eat.. DH was like "what did she leave her boobs at home??" ;)

brighteyes mom 12-09-2007 01:36 AM

Re: where will you bf?

Anywhere and Everywhere
That's so sad your friend feels like she has to remove herself to feed her baby. :cry:
I just don't care anymore, I try to hide the "goods" but if it gets seen, oh well. I'm pretty open with my family (everyone has seen my boobs now) but try to be inconspicuous in public- I put dd in a sling and she nurses away- it's super easy for me, and the only way I can grocery shop... people deff look though, and I don't care!

Calideedle 12-09-2007 02:00 AM

Everywhere!

Though now a days my DD doesnt really care to nurse while we are out, she prefers to run and play!

mississippimommy 12-09-2007 03:09 AM

As long as I have my wrap we're good. I'm not bfeeding right now, but will be again in April!

mhr1406 12-09-2007 06:18 AM

everywhere!!
At first when my boys were tiny I did retreat to private to nurse but then realised it was too stressful to try to find a private spot or expect a crying hungry baby to wait a minute. Now I'd much rather NIP out in the open than has a fussy child who is hungry
Now at church we have a sitting room in the ladies room and I do go in there to nurse during the service sometimes since my ds likes to wiggle and wave my hair around:blush:

ForCryingOutLoud 12-09-2007 06:25 AM

I feed her anywhere but privately if that makes sense. I won't just wipe out the goods just anywhere LOL We were Christmas shopping yesterday and I fed her in the car because it was comfortable and we weren't at a mall but like one of those strip mall places, so it was also the warmest.
But I don't take ever go to the bathroom to feed her. I refuse to! A bathroom isn't for eating! I noticed at the mall there is a nursing room.
But I have fed her while we were at the zoo, mall, and at a restaurant.

mama2cody 12-09-2007 06:29 AM

I feed DS wherever I need to. I have fed him in restaurants, the doctor's office, at the zoo, at a public beach...you get the idea. I try to be discreet though, which was hard in the beginning since we had so many issues with it. I still am cautious about where I feed him because he likes to pop off and look around, then pop back on, then pop back off....etc, if he hears something new. But if he's hungry, I'm gonna feed him. If that means some one ELSE is inconvenienced or embarrassed, too bad. A baby doesn't choose when they get hungry.
PS- I don't feed him in bathrooms either. That's just gross.

mamananda 12-09-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darcymichelle (Post 2285031)
As long as I have my wrap we're good. I'm not bfeeding right now, but will be again in April!

ME TOO If I have my wrap no one notices... I was actually standing up talking to someone yesterday and they thought he was sleeping!

mhaddon 12-09-2007 07:06 AM

Anywhere I am! I don't cover up w/ anything special, just my shirt. We were talking about it yesterday at my dads. He used to give me a hard time, but I guess he works w/ my cousin and his g/f was w/ him at their company part the other day and she is larger and dresses like she is a size 0, well her boobs where hanging out and my dad was so embarased, which I swear never happens!! He made the comment about how he couldn't even see mine when I feed his grandson and she was hanging out like she was getting ready to feed a baby!! I guess thanks to her I won't get hasseled anymore :giggle: I am not bashful so that helps, although it is hard when your still working on the latch.

jessicanashville 12-09-2007 07:09 AM

I did everywhere too, most of the time people never even looked close enough to realize what was going on. (except that one old lady who has to lift the blanket to see the baby:banghead: ) I fed on demand so if he demanded I supplied. I tried to be comfortable at least sitting down though. But I did at restaurants, outdoor festivals, walmart, stores, about anyplace you can think of. I live in a community where there are a lot of Amish and conservatives so to not breastfeed is seen as odd...we are lucky