Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   need weight watchers recipes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28607)

peverroad 08-06-2006 12:47 PM

need weight watchers recipes

i am starting soon and would love to know your easy recipes for meals and snacks and the points for them. Thank you so much!!

willihm 08-14-2006 01:01 PM

Re: need weight watchers recipes

I've done weight watchers before and just joined again this morning.. (It worked the first time, I just have a lot of baby weight to lose)

Pm me so I don't forget and I'll look through old food journals tonight and send you some of the stuff we did for snacks. Feel free to send email if you'd rather to that.

Just so I know, how are you on budget? Some stuff I don't know prices on, but some of things we did were a little pricey. I can leave those out if they will only tempt you to spend more than you have!

Heather

Mommyk8 08-15-2006 09:44 AM

I had one that was cooked wheat spaghetti put it ona pie plate then you saute green pepper, onion, and garlic add can tomatoes and half a package of tofu. Then you pour it in the pie plate and cover with FF mozzerella and bake. I have the recipe at home and will try to remember to bring it in tomorrow so I can enter it.

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:21 PM

I have tons! DH was on WW a while back. Hmmm, maybe I should pull these out again! I'll start posting ASAP!

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:24 PM

Baked Beef Empanadas

2 Points / Serving

1 cup finely chopped red potato
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup beef broth
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb. boneless beef top sirloin, trimmed and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. cold water
36 won ton wrappers
Cooking spray
Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)

Combine first 10 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until potato is done,
stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 baking sheets in oven for about 10 minutes.
Drain meat mixture in a colander over a bowl. Discard liquid. Finely chop meat
mixture with a knife, or place in a food processor, and pulse 2 times or until
finely chopped.

Combine cornstarch and water, stirring with a whisk. Working with one won ton wrapper at a time (cover the remaining won ton wrappers with a damp towel to keep them from drying), spoon 1 tablespoon beef mixture into center of each wrapper.

Moisten the edges of each wrapper with the cornstarch mixture. Bring 2 opposite corners together. Pinch the points to seal, forming a triangle. Place filled wrapper on a wire rack. Repeat the procedure with the remaining beef mixture, won ton wrappers, and cornstarch mixture.

Remove the baking sheets from the oven; coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange the empanadas in a single layer on baking sheets. Coat the empanadas with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden, turning once.

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:24 PM

Baked Oatmeal
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup skim milk
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Combine everything. (Tricky instructions, huh?)

OPTION 1:
Spray 9 inch pie pan and pour batter in. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, until slightly browned on top. The ENTIRE recipe has 18 points. I cut the pie into 6 servings, which is fairly generous, and they are 3 points each.

OPTION 2: (I prefer this option)
Spray muffin tin (for 12 muffins) and pour batter into each cup. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, until slightly browned on top. Makes 12 muffins, at 1.5 points each.

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:26 PM

Baked Turkey and Jack Cheese Chimichangas

POINTS~5
Servings~8

No need to fry this traditional Mexican dish: Simply bake until the tortillas are lightly browned and crisp, then serve them topped with spicy salsa and a dollop of sour cream.

Ingredients

2 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1/2 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
16 oz fat-free canned refried beans
8 oz salsa
4 1/2 oz canned green chili peppers, mild, drained and diced
1 tsp chili powder
3 Tbsp scallion(s), thinly sliced
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
8 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350║F. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Coat a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Add turkey to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 8 ounces of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes; stir in cheese.

Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.

Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.

Place chimichangas in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered until tortillas are crisp and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of additional salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:28 PM

Beef & Noodles au Gratin

servings~4
POINTS~5

Ingredients

12 oz lean ground beef sirloin
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cups canned crushed tomatoes
3 oz uncooked broad noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
? teaspoon each salt and pepper
? cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up meat, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in tomatoes, noodles, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spoon into 1 ? quart casserole; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:29 PM

Chicken and sausage gumbo

Serves 4, 6 points per serving

6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
6 oz. sausage, spicy (chicken, turkey or pork), cut into 1 inch cubes
1 package frozen gumbo-style vegetables, 10 oz. (corn, pepper, okra and onion)
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1 tsp bay leaf, but 1 whole leaf preferred
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/8 tsp. table salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 medium scallion, green part only, chopped

Generously spray Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add chicken and sausage and brown, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
Stir in frozen vegetables and garlic. SautÚ until vegetables are thawed, 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour. Cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits in bottom of Dutch oven.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes. Place in four bowls, sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving

daisyprincess98 08-16-2006 09:31 PM

Chicken Enchilada Soup

servings~6
POINTS~6

1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 cup diced onion
4 cups FF Chicken Broth
3 cups water
1 can enchilada sauce
10 oz Kraft Velveeta Light
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup polenta (course corn meal)
1 can kidney beans, drained

Boil chicken and set aside to cool.
Saute onions and garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add Chicken broth.
Combine polenta with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add to pot with onions, garlic, and broth.
Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, kidney beans and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
Shred chicken into small, bite-sized pieces and add it to the pot.
Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30 - 40 minutes or until thick. Stir often! Add cheese right at the end, mix until melt, and serve.