Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing clothes - a necessity? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288724)

MamaBink 12-13-2007 01:23 PM

Nursing clothes - a necessity?

I'm due with my second little bub in March and plan to breastfeed. I've bought a handful of nursing tops but I'm wondering if it's really necessary. I've considered just buying a few nursing tanks to wear under my regular shirts when we're out in public but I wanted hear what works for you girls. TIA!

*Katherine* 12-13-2007 01:25 PM

Re: Nursing clothes - a necessity?

The only thing I use are nursing tanks or camis. They are really great under sweaters. I have over active let down, so sometimes DD pops off, spraying milk everywhere, so I prefer to lift up my shirt, as there is less to soak that way, lol

TieNappyQueen 12-13-2007 01:30 PM

Dh was so sweet with e and got me a good amount but I found them in the wash less and less. I just wore a nursing cami under my shirts and went that route and then I found the I could wear a mens a line undershirt ( pardon the nick name "wifebeaters") and that was awesome! You can move the arm hole on over and pop out the boob under your shirt and no one can see, cheaper and just as easy for me at least.

Braggarmywife28 12-13-2007 01:32 PM

I'm sure they're great but i didn't in 16 months of nursing dd use any nursing clothes:goodvibes:

LunaBirch 12-13-2007 01:51 PM

Ive been nursing DD for 12 months and own 2 nursing shirts.. honestly, I HATE them. I find it much easier to just wear regular camis under vneck tops, and then I just flip my boob out the top to nurse.

amy_mendelblatt 12-13-2007 01:53 PM

i lived in nursing tanks, and plan to do the same this time. i felt less 'exposed' while nursing in a tank top than with a bra and shirt combo.

Amy

clarinetb 12-13-2007 01:54 PM

The nursing bras are necessary, but I wouldn't say any of the clothing is. I got a couple of different styles of tops off another mom and thought they'd be perfect, but I still just lifted up my top :D

If you're worried about people seeing skin, then the camisoles are a perfect solution!

Definitely nothing wrong with nursing clothing, but you don't need it to breastfeed. Maybe see how it goes once you've started to see if it is of any benefit to you personally.

mamaof10 12-13-2007 02:09 PM

I use the tops that you "pop" out the top of but I hate the ones that lift up or slide over....matter of fact I sent almost all my stuff to a mom from the m2m board last week!

lisad1 12-13-2007 02:25 PM

I just bought a bunch of stretchy tanks for super cheap in a bunch of different colors. I pull the tank down under the boob and lift my regular shirt up to nurse. I just wear whichever tank matches my top. I would love to buy some nursing tanks so I don't have to wear bra+tank+shirt but I don't want to pay for them :giggle:

Fither 12-13-2007 02:30 PM

i love love love nursing tanks. i wear those under a sweater/shirt pretty much all the time. that way i can just lift up my regular shirt, and my belly is still covered and my regular shirt covers the top of my breast. (i of course only care about these things for NIP).

but i can also achieve this effect with a nursing bra and a camisole, i just have to pull my arm out of my regular shirt to pull the cami strap down, then i put the regular shirt back on to keep me warm, and cover the top of my breast for NIP.