Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   labour? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2894)

Trishalynn 05-01-2006 09:26 PM

labour?

Whats it feel like to go into labour naturally? lol I was induced with my other two so I have no idea! I"m feeling this pressure in the bottom of my tummy accompanied by pain in my back and tummy. I am having some contractions but nothing regular, this has been happening for about two hours now? so just normal end of pg stuff or labour?

OneFabMama 05-01-2006 09:38 PM

Re: labour?

Wanna know something funny and weird? I dont remember what labor feels like let alone going into it! I did go into labor on my own I woke up at 2 am with strong insense contractions. I timed them for 2 hours in bed before waking DH - they were coming every 2 minutes on the dot. I do remember a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen, it was weird. It's only been 11 months and I cant describe the feeling - and I dont remember much!!! Just keep an eye on yourself. Lay down. Drink some water. If it still persists then it's probably labor. I know I remember just KNOWING I was in labor and the baby was coming. *hugs* Good luck. Keep us posted.

jls~Kain~Drake 05-02-2006 04:52 AM

I was induced with my first, but went into labor on my own with my second. With him, I had braxton-hicks contractions ALL day (which was pretty normal, but they were even more frequent than normal - which they were pretty darn frequent anyway)....mom and I went shopping for last minute baby stuff (she had just gotten in from out of town)...around 7p, the contractions starting having a little twinge of pain at the end of them...I thought, hmm...that's weird...oh well, I'll keep an eye on it. They were 4-6 min apart. I was also crampy and just feeling blech. I went to bed and had a hard time relaxing..took a bath (as I knew that's what they'd tell me to do if I called the ob)...they didn't go away, but I figured...well, I'll go to bed and if they wake me up...then I'll know something's up. I woke up at like 4:07 with a really painful contraction - no denying it. I thought..well, I'll wait it out and see how they go...went to the bathroom and it looked like I started AF...**freaked** me out. Woke dh up and we went to the hospital...they were going to send me home since my contractions weren't really very close (or intense they said, but they didn't have the monitor on right, because if you ask me - they were intense! But I was dilating and effacing, so..no going home for me)..they were only 4-6 min apart though..and stayed that way until I delivered..they were all shocked that I delivered with contractions that far apart?

Anyway...that was a lot longer than I originally intended...I had tons of braxton hicks from 20 weeks...and my ob said that there's no way to know it's labor unless you go in to be checked...but...he told me to wait until they were: regularly close together (every 'x' min, rather than sometimes 5 min apart, sometimes 20 min, etc), painful (or pretty uncomfortable), & they won't go away with a warm bath.

Shawn 05-02-2006 06:09 AM

I felt VERY menstrual. At first it started out mild, just that achy/crampy feeling then it would radiate into my hips and around to my back, then go back to that achy/crampy feeling. As the ctx got stronger, it went from 'menstrual' to feeling kinda like what a wicked leg cramp feels like.

edited to add: Induced contractions SUCK compared to natural contractions. Hope that helps. ;)

sparkygirl74 05-02-2006 09:16 AM

I had been having false labour for weeks, so I just waited until the contractions wouldn't go away with all of the stuff they recommended (shower, drink water, etc,) and went to the hospital. I was so afraid they were going to send me home. Mine just started like bh contactions and kept getting stronger. I had one friend though who never felt contraction, she just kept throwing up and one who had diareah every few minutes, so everyone is way different. I would call the Dcotor or midwife......you might be having a baby today:happyclap:

wbkt8 05-02-2006 09:21 AM

menstrual is a pretty good description to me of very early labor. but it also had a sort of downward force to it as well. also as opposed to menstrual cramps i also had a much clearer sense of the sensation having a beginning & an end to it....

my other early labor symptom was a little bit of bloody show (just a bit of pinkish mucous when i wiped).

gl!

Christy 05-02-2006 09:40 AM

NO! You can't be in labor! You and I are due at the same time and you can't leave me here pregnant! :preggo: While you are off :pickuphapby: . Hehe. Just kidding!

For me with my other labors (and so far this one too) I have lots of early labor. Years of it, it seems. :-) But when it really does happen the cntx are very uncomfortable and I can feel them in my back and upper legs. I usually feel a bit sick too and really start focusing into myself. I can't wait to do it again!

Are you drinking RRT? I actually don't seem to like the taste this pregnancy but have heard good things about it.

Good luck!

Trishalynn 05-02-2006 09:52 AM

lol don't worry haven't gone yet lol, I still have the menstrual type cramping in my back and tummy and BH contractions, but they're not very regular, and the darn thing has lasted all darn night and still have it this morning! lol! nothing else though, so hopefully this turns to something and I'm not going through all this for nothing lol!

bethanyjoy 05-02-2006 10:49 AM

Natural labour tends to start very gradually, at least for me. I'll have days or a week or more of semi-consistent, mild contractions...sort of like strong braxton-hicks. Some people call it "false labour" but it's not; it's your body working very slowly and gentlely to soften the cervix and prepare your body for giving birth.

My best advice is to take it as a positive sign that SOMETHING is happening, and wait it out...you'll KNOW when you're in active labour, no worries about that! LOL And you'll have a better labour if you don't end up in the hospital too early...keep doing what you normally do for as long as possible; if it's daytime be active, if it's nighttime try and sleep. Eat and drink.

Woohoo!!! You're going to have a baby sooner than later!!! :hugs:

Lucky Child 05-02-2006 11:07 AM

:yeahthat:

Well said Bethany.