Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Can you skip af when bf? *TMI* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291064)

*KaiMom* 12-17-2007 06:23 PM

Can you skip af when bf? *TMI*

Ok, so I'm so confused about what is going on with my body.

Had my first AF on Nov 16th. Heavy heavy bleeding for the first couple of days and then normal until the end...lasted about 6 days...so I was pretty sure my days of no AF were over:banghead: . Today will be 32 days from LMP and still no AF (My cycles are usually the normal 28 days). My cervix has been VERY low and open for the last few days.

Can you skip your periods when BF even after you've started having them? Do you think I'm pg?
Can my cycles be just off from bfing?

I have the non-hormonal IUD so I don't think that is playing a part in it but not sure. HELP

mommy21princess 12-17-2007 08:33 PM

Re: Can you skip af when bf? *TMI*

Yep I skipped around alot with after getting mine. I didn't get mine back until dd was 11months and then I didn't get it again for about 3 more months. It's a very confusing time! LOL

adensmom 12-17-2007 08:56 PM

Me too, mama! Mine came back when ds was 6 months old....a total shocker bc with dd she was 15 months (and weaned) before it came back. Anyway, it was 34 days before my next one came, and I'm due (if regular) for next one on the 25th (Merry stinkin' Christmas!). I was freaking out last month b/c I've always been soooo regular. I was reassured by many mama's here, though, that the first few months with it back can be totally unpredictable.

Rachaelbee 12-17-2007 09:00 PM

Given that your cervix is low and open I would doubt that you were pregnant. but then again I could be wrong. lol, but my af's were off for a while post partum

*KaiMom* 12-17-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachaelbee (Post 2334877)
Given that your cervix is low and open I would doubt that you were pregnant. but then again I could be wrong. lol, but my af's were off for a while post partum

That's what I was thinking.

*KaiMom* 12-17-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy21princess (Post 2334736)
Yep I skipped around alot with after getting mine. I didn't get mine back until dd was 11months and then I didn't get it again for about 3 more months. It's a very confusing time! LOL

That sounds very confusing:headscratch: But I guess I wouldn't mind if I got a couple more months break from it.

Thanks mamas for all your info. I was really starting to worry about I might be pg...I love my lo's but I need a little more time in between.

remrath 12-17-2007 10:37 PM

I swear I take a preg test every other week. I had one AF and no more since (very early after baby). I've been crampy for weeks but no AF. Just took another preg test in fact.

Psychomom 12-18-2007 10:09 AM

Oh, that is very normal! In fact, when I am still heavy duty breastfeeding and get my periods back, my cycles are around 40 days long. It's still kind of a nice break even though my period is back. My baby (15 months old!) is just now beginning to slow down with the breastfeeding during the day so my last cycle was just 30 days long.

jessicap 12-18-2007 10:13 AM

I got my first period back with my 2nd child 6 weeks after he was born....I had 1 cycle and then what I thought was a light period (turned out was implantation bleeding) and then I found out I was pregnant

mcpforever 12-18-2007 03:38 PM

I had 40days between my 1st and second AF PP. Then I had some spotting around 40 again, but no AF. Turned out I am pg.