Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Having a hard time leaving... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29538)

tng_mama 08-09-2006 10:00 AM

Having a hard time leaving...

I posted in a thread yesterday that I had turned down a pretty decent job. I just told them that I didn't have childcare until just after Labor Day, that the person I thought I had lined up when I started looking for a job backed out on me and the only other person I could find was on vacation until Labor Day weekend.

Well, the company called back this morning and they're willing to hold the position for me :headscratch: It's not that I don't want the job........I do, it's just that I cannot bear to leave my baby. She just turned 1 at the end of July. And she's my last baby, I sook her to no end. She lives on my hip and naps on my breast. :blush: The woman I found to watch her comes with very good references from friends of ours. She looks after their kids, and although she'd be doing it at her house, she just lives down the road and the older kids would get off the bus in her driveway. She's perfect for us.

What's the problem then?? I can't make myself leave the baby. I've been weapy all day just thinking about it. Our bank account says that I do need to work. And I've been thinking about bringing a couple of dc in to look after here, I mean I can make the same amount as I will be keeping from this job after childcare and travelling expenses...if not more. BUT, I've been trying to get the word out about that and I can't seem to get any kids here. I do have a couple people interested in having their kiddies come here after school, but I can't make that much just doing an after school program.What can I do to make myself feel better about this? OR IYHO do you think I should just call the company and tell them that I just cannot leave yet? Any ideas on how to find some kids to look after so that I can stay home?

I am soo torn, I am soo sad. If money wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be a question, I would be home. But right now, it is a huge issue and I feel like I have to contribute something.

:dunno:

(There needs to be a "pulling out my hair" smiley)

skayers01 08-09-2006 10:06 AM

Re: Having a hard time leaving...

Do you think you could try it out and see how it goes? Maybe it won't be so bad after a couple weeks. And if you're still having a hard time, quit! At least you tried, right! :hugs: It'll be okay! :hugs:

Willys Woolies 08-09-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skayers01
Do you think you could try it out and see how it goes? Maybe it won't be so bad after a couple weeks. And if you're still having a hard time, quit! At least you tried, right! :hugs: It'll be okay! :hugs:

I agree...try it out. You won't know for sure until you do. And, you'll see what a difference the income will or will not make to your household so you can get a better idea of what it all means....

It is definately hard not being with them when they are little, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do to make ends meet and provide for them. Not a second goes by where I don't miss my little ones when I'm at the office, I won't lie to you, not one second....but I must work!

Sounds like a great opportunity and a great place to work.....you may be passing up the greatest opportunity...you won't know that until you try it.

How does DH feel???

mom_of_3g_1b 08-09-2006 12:00 PM

I felt the same after I had DS. I decided to go to school when he was 9 months old. It gets easier but I still hated it everyday. I am now at home because daycare for 4 kids under 4 is too expensive.

scwendy 08-09-2006 12:18 PM

:hugs: Whatever you decide, mama.

I had to take Grace to daycare when she was 6 weeks and 2 days old:cry:

It never has gotten any easier more than a year later. She loves it now, but I still want to be home with her all day. She is my last child as well.

SheilaJoy 08-09-2006 12:27 PM

I know how you feel. I was a single mom with two kids for awhile, so obviously I had to work. It was awful, but it was only for a season, and I am able to stay home now. Good luck. :hugs:

tng_mama 08-09-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skayers01

That's pretty much where I'm at right now, I'll try it...I mean it's not like I'm signing my life away. If I think it's not working out for me and the kiddies, then I can stay home again.

My Dh is supporting me either way. He doesn 't want to make me feel like I have to go to work, but he's on his leave from the base, which he still gets paid for, and he's helping an old employer put a new roof on a building to make some $$. That makes me feel bad, that for his vacation, he's roofing!

I spoke to the girl in the office again today and told her how I'm feeling, and she's WONDERFUL!! She has an 18 month old, and just went through this herself. She's willing to let me start off at a couple half days a week and work myself and Gracie up to full time hours. I can also work weekends and evenings when Jason's home to make my full time hours. So, I am feeling better this afternoon.

I also have 3 weeks to get Gracie ready for this, start doing some things differently, more like the sitter will do them so it's not a big shock to Gracie.

:goodvibes: Here's hoping it all works out.:goodvibes:

sprout18 08-09-2006 05:51 PM

I'm at this point right now myself. My sister just emailed me with a nice position where she works (public school system) and I am so tempted. I'm actually sending in my resume and cover letter but it will be so hard. My little man turns one in 6 days and I know it will be tough for him but we have a chance to make over $70k between my dh and I and we could use it to get caught up. Even if I just go back for maybe 6 months to a year we would be in a wonderful position than we could try for #4 (which will be our last) and when I have that child I could stay home. Its hard cause we were going to homeschool and my oldest (4) is doing so well and we would be putting him and his brother (2.5) in private school (a good one) and my little one in daycare. I'm so torn about it. Trust me I know what you are going through.
Ericka