Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Artichoke Spinach Cheese Dip (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295639)

McMamma38 12-27-2007 06:45 PM

Artichoke Spinach Cheese Dip

This is one of my best recipes! It is so yummy and great as a spread on crackers or w/ Frito corn chip dipper scoops.I took it to my family's Christmas Eve dinner gathering and ended up taking home an empty 2 qt. casserole and giving out the recipe!

Artichoke,Spinach Cheese Dip

2 14 once cans artichoke hearts,drained and cut up or torn into pieces(the artichoke hearts canned in water/brine not the olive oil packed ones!)
2 small pkgs.frozen spinach,defrosted and squeezed dry
2 cups of fresh parmesan cheese shreds(in the bag in dairy section) or 1 c. of the parm.cheese and 1 c. of Italian cheese shreds(asiago,parm and mozarella)
2 cups good quality real mayo(I use Hellman's)--Do not use light or low fat!!

Mix all ingredients and pour into a 2 qt casserole.Top w/ some extra cheese on top if desired.I do!
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes-just to melt cheese and heat through.

Enjoy--this is easily downsized(The above recipe was doubled)and you can leave out the spinach too.We love this decadent dip on Frito corn scoopers!
Yummy!

Happy New Years everyone.:goodvibes:

starbuckmom 12-27-2007 07:13 PM

Re: Artichoke Spinach Cheese Dip

Thank you for a yummy looking recipe! I have ladies night every other week and we have a thing going where we try a new artichoke/spinach dip at every restaurant and still haven't found a really yummy one! I will have to try this one the next time the ladies come here.

McMamma38 12-27-2007 07:22 PM

I promise you wont be disapointed w/ this very yummy recipe! I sometimes eat it for lunch too.:blush: It's sooo good.

IHaveSpirit 12-27-2007 09:07 PM

I make the same thing, though I add the juice of half a lemon and a bunch of garlic.... YUM! I usually do not put in spinach so my DH will eat it ;)

What I love about this is that it is super easy to make when friends stop by so I always have the ingredients on hand :)

newmommy002 12-30-2007 06:36 AM

Yum!! :drif: That sounds wonderful, thanks for posting that recipe! I think I might try this one for our NYE get together.

Grrchurch03 12-30-2007 07:08 AM

Might be a good one to try for dd's first bday coming up. Thanks for sharing, I know dh will definitely love this.

McMamma38 12-30-2007 11:33 AM

I made this again yesterday--was having a craving because I posted the recipe!:blush: I had some more today--it reheats great in smaller portions in my microwave.Yummy good.

I try not to think about the mayo calories! I am thinking about decreasing the mayo a bit or using 1/2 light sour cream and 1/2 mayo(has to be regular for this recipe)Anyone have suggestions? I dont want to mess up a great recipe-will have to tinker w/ it next time I make it.

I love taking this to mommy playdate get togethers(the dip is for the mommys and I usually bring animal crackers for the children)I'ts popular at our monthly informal La Leche League enrichment meetings.:goodvibes:

McMamma38 12-30-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmommy002 (Post 2393589)
Yum!! :drif: That sounds wonderful, thanks for posting that recipe! I think I might try this one for our NYE get together.

Welcome! You'll love the mamas on here.Congrats on your new baby due in March.:goodvibes:

newmommy002 12-30-2007 03:20 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome mama :) I'm glad that I was told about this site. What a bunch of great people!

Weezy6703 01-03-2008 08:26 AM

all i wanted to say mama is "GET OUT". I took one look at the title and new it would be good. lol Thanks for sharing!