Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   DELETE! Null and void now! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29612)

wittymomma 08-09-2006 04:16 PM

DELETE! Null and void now!

ugh this is soo confusing!!! If you dont mind reading a novel I will give you a brief background of me...

With my exdh I got prego everytime lol. I was 17 when I got prego with ds 1... once I got the go ahead I got prego with ds 2 (I was 18) then I went on the mini pill... ds 2 died so I threw them away... took me over a year to get prego with dd (I had her on my 21st bday) Soooo once I left my ex dh (he was abusive to me and my ds 1 plus he confessed to me a bit over a year later he was the one who took ds 2's life... no he isnt in jail but that is another post.) I got on depo. (I was 22 at the time) I was on depo for 3 doses... (so 9 months) met dh and we decided to get off the depo (because it took me a year with dd) and ttc. Well 3 years and 1 mc later ds 3 came along... (I had him when I was 27... ) Okay so now we want to try for dd 2... (to make it even then we are done lol. Unless god convinces my dh otherwise lol) Well My ds 3 was born 9-15-05.... I am bfing but never ebf. He still bfs about 2 times a day. Sometimes more sometimes less... af came back in April... (Oh and a side note. Dh took a home test to see if he is fertile. It came back low... we tested him twice and both times it was low/negative... but we cant afford another test to find out how he is now....)

So here is the confusing part... I dont chart. Dont know how... I do have a bbt but I never "got" the point and all of the charting lol. I tried it when I was ttc ds 3...

Okay so here are my dates of af and how long it took her to reshow....

4/4 - 4/9
42 days
5/21 - 5/26
36 days
7/1 - 7/6

And of course she hasnt shown up yet... Before ds 1 I was able to tell you the exact day I would start, how long it would last and when it would quit lol. Now I have no clue...

One other thing. My dd... I was 4 months prego with her before I got a bfp. They did urine, blood and an ultrasound and couldnt tell I was prego!! I failed them all!! Well with the u/s they told me they saw a "blob" but didnt think it was a baby.... the very next week I passed a hpt. lol. I measured at 4 months when I got to see the ob lol.

Christian (ds 3) was born on Sept 15... he was due Oct 17/8 and I TOLD them I was farther along but they didnt believe me... he was born at 5 lbs 13 oz and perfectly healthy!

Soo anyways. I take a hpt every week (until af shows) and so far they have all been negative (obviously lol)

SO my question is this.... when do you guys think I am actually "late" and when should I test??
TYIA!!!

flutist 08-09-2006 05:59 PM

Re: Okay so when am I actually "late"???

Based on the fact that your cycle seems to be screwy it's hard to say when you would actually be "late" ifykwim? If I were in your situation I'd just make a call to my doc and ask them what they would suggest, ie: taking a pt, blood test etc..

LMK!!!

zonapellucida 08-10-2006 09:00 AM

OOOHH that is a hard question especailly since you are so irregular.

Severine 08-10-2006 09:57 AM

There's really no way to tell for sure if you're late or if your cycle is just being irregular, unfortunately. That's where the value of charting comes in... because you can usually tell by your basal body temperature what's going on, and if AF is imminent or if your chances of pregnancy are pretty good. If AF returns and you're not pg, I highly recommend giving charting your BBT another chance...

In the meantime, definitely ask your doctor what s/he would recommend.

christi2705 08-10-2006 11:07 AM

My cycle was way out of whack as well. When we were ttc I would just test once a week - 4 weeks after my lmp. So that's what I would suggest until you get a + or start.

I would also keep track of when you dtd so you can have some sort of idea when you concieved since going by your lmp won't work.

wittymomma 08-12-2006 01:16 PM

Thanks for all the advice and ideas guys. Stupid af showed up yesterday lol. Doesnt she know she is unwelcomed?? ugh ty anyways :-)