Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is anyone overdue? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298248)

slockwood 01-01-2008 11:00 AM

Is anyone overdue?

Probably just me. I was due the 30th of December and still no baby. My original due date was Jan. 9th (via LMP) so maybe I will just pretend they never changed it and I really won't be overdue. Yet. I don't think this baby is going to come. She made a nice little nest and is hybernating for the winter. Maybe I will see her in the Spring. :reaction:

If you are overdue or soon will be please share!! I don't want to be alone!! :cry:

MamaOf3Cuties 01-01-2008 08:52 PM

Re: Is anyone overdue?

Always, always, ALWAYS go with the first due date they give ya. They changed mine 3 times for my first baby, and it turned out he was born a day after his first given due date. LOL The first u/s due date is almost always the best to go with.

That baby's gonna come when that baby's ready, mama. Unless you induce she will show up when she's good and ready. I know it sucks waiting. I've been there myself with my firstborn. :hugs: I know the waiting in the last few weeks is SOOOO hard!

slockwood 01-02-2008 07:42 AM

LOL. Dec 30th was my first ultrasound due date. (January 9th is the due date via my LMP)

I only had 1 ultrasound. We only had it because the baby was measuring big. We have a midwife and a homebirth so I don't generally have an ultrasound, but with the one I did they told me dec. 30th. Liars. Oh well. Now I wait. 1 week until January 9th. Then I will really be freaking out.

Thanks!

slockwood 01-07-2008 04:55 PM

Am I still the only one overdue? :(

hunterNkarter 01-07-2008 04:58 PM

So is there anything to do to perhaps make the baby want to come out???

I've heard of the pothole road and of course the dad's favorite thing....the horizontal polka but is there anything else???

I'm not due for 3 weeks but hey I can start trying to get the baby out then right :)

I just want him out to hold and cuddle!

slockwood 01-07-2008 05:02 PM

Sex as an inducer was def. invented by men. I have tried it with the last one and this one. Never works. We even "tried to induce" 4 times yesterday. Nothing.

Stupid lying male doctors who just want to get some for the other male liars.

hunterNkarter 01-07-2008 05:09 PM

:giggle:

Have you ever seen the movie The Sweetest Thing with Camerian Diaz and Christina Applegate....

Your reply reminds me of the scene where he tells her that guys don't like um...the mouth down there...that it was a horrible rumor...

mamax3 01-07-2008 05:12 PM

Oh no, you're not alone. My U/S due date is the 9th, as well. (LMP = 1/15)

So I'm not overdue YET but I'm measuring 40 wks, 3cm, 90%... and having high BP now, so I hope I go soon.

Hang in there.

slockwood 01-07-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterNkarter (Post 2451124)

Have you ever seen the movie The Sweetest Thing with Camerian Diaz and Christina Applegate....

Your reply reminds me of the scene where he tells her that guys don't like um...the mouth down there...that it was a horrible rumor...

Nope never saw it. But I did also hear that ummm... swallowing your man's swimmers was a good way to "Induce." Supposedly because the prostaglandins are abosorbed better through the gut. Please. Now if that isn't a male lie I don't know what is. I will stay pregnant thank-you.

hunterNkarter 01-07-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slockwood (Post 2451157)
Nope never saw it. But I did also hear that ummm... swallowing your man's swimmers was a good way to "Induce." Supposedly because the prostaglandins are abosorbed better through the gut. Please. Now if that isn't a male lie I don't know what is. I will stay pregnant thank-you.

:yuck: Is all I have to say.........

MEN!