Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Beverages without caffeine??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29874)

threekstrio 08-10-2006 11:51 AM

Beverages without caffeine???

What are some beverages that you enjoy that don't have caffeine?? Plain or exotic. We drink juice, milk and water but what are some things that you enjoy? I'm trying to go without caffeine for while and need some ideas. :thumbsup:

KnottyLDSMama 08-10-2006 12:18 PM

Re: Beverages without caffeine???

I used to never drink caffeine, and unfortunately I craved it while pg, but I really need to get back to not drinking it.

I drank a lot of decaf ice tea (tastes the same to me, and I can go through a whole thing of tea a day!). When I had soda, I would drink fruit sodas (like Fanta Strawberry) because those generally don't have any caffeine. Root Beer also typically doesn't have caffeine.

Other than that it was mostly water and juices. :) Good luck! It's hard to get started, but once you do, you don't even miss the caffeine.

katiejack 08-10-2006 12:36 PM

I second the decaf. iced tea. We have an iced tea maker and make Celestial Seasonings tea every other day. Andy (our almost 2-yr. old) begs for Cinnamon Apple Spice tea (cold)! We don't put any sweetner in it either!

marelle4381 08-10-2006 12:37 PM

When I was preggo I used to drink decafe mochas. So yummy

Mel 08-10-2006 12:46 PM

No more caffeine for me Yay! (that's a huge step...I could drink almost a 12 pack of Diet Coke in a day) Now I drink water, Diet 7Up, and sugar free Kool Aid. :D

Manna00 08-10-2006 12:46 PM

We don't drink any caffine in our household. We drink a lot of Crystal Light (well.. the generic version), smoothies and water! :)

hfitz5051 08-10-2006 01:21 PM

Herbal iced tea. I get this kind called mint medley. It is peppermint and spearmint and it is so refreshing iced. I don't even need sugar. If I'm making a big pot, I use a decaf iced tea bag and one of the mint ones. Other than that I just drink water.

Julesmom23girls 08-10-2006 01:41 PM

I love the rasberry herbal teas. Liptons or celestial seasonings. Warm or cold, but mostly cold.

Shaineinok 08-10-2006 02:45 PM

Herbal teas, decaf tea, decaf coffee, kool aid, 7up, sprite, some root beers, water, milk, smoothies, slushies, vanilla shakes, juices, ect.

Kimmomy2dom 08-10-2006 02:54 PM

Ohhh, root beer sounds good! LOL, I used to be 100% addicted to ginger ale. Doesn't have caffeine - I used to drink it when I was nursing my son so I felt like I was drinking "real" pop with caffeine in it.