Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone ever have issues with Lilypadz? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298941)

*Katherine* 01-02-2008 10:35 AM

Anyone ever have issues with Lilypadz?

I bought some to use now that I am not leaking all the time. I used them when I was pregnant with Mia (I started leaking at 23 weeks, what a joy) and had no problems with them. I tried them out on Saturday and by Sunday, my breasts were so irritated red an blotchy. You could literally see where the lilypadz were from the redness. I ran out on Sunday and bought some Lanisoh disposable pads so that I could stop wearing the lilypadz. It cleared right up. Has anyone else had this sort of reaction to them? I bought them at Motherhood, and I can't return them now. Do you think Lilypadz would do anything for me if I contacted them?

corithompson 01-02-2008 10:44 AM

Re: Anyone ever have issues with Lilypadz?

You know, that is a really good question to ask! I thought about getting some of these for the longest time (I wear flannel liners that I fold in half now) but after I went to the website to read about them, I changed my mind and stuck with my diaper liners. The manufacturer said that moms can expect some irritation at first with the pads but to continue wearing them despite the redness and that it will eventually go away when your body gets used to it. They said that if the irritation doesn't go away, in like, 3 or 4 days or so (I might be wrong in that time) for you to stop using them them but that it should go away after some time. I dunno, for me, it wasn't worth it and I'd rather continue wearing my flannel liners...hth

*Katherine* 01-02-2008 12:17 PM

Oh wow, I never saw that! I think I will just chalk it up to lesson learned. That's awful to expect irritation. I really need to get on the ball with making nursing pads!

mayrain 01-02-2008 02:48 PM

yeah, they don't work that great...at least for me...i tried them cause i have some pretty heavy leaking/letdown, and it would just pool in there...they were a real PITA cause if you wanted to nip or even at home, there was a big puddle and they were sticky. and not breathable at all....

mama2cody 01-02-2008 03:04 PM

I had 2 pairs, and sold the un-opened one on Ebay. I leak so much, and have since I was about 17 weeks pg (woo hoo right?) so they didn't work for me at all. I liked how smooth everything looked (lol) but I leaked with them still, so no go with the LilyPadz.

jillianh 01-02-2008 03:12 PM

i love them, and haven't had a problem. when i first got home i wore them because i didn't want to wear anything confining so i wore those with a tee shirt

hunterNkarter 01-02-2008 03:15 PM

This is why I LOVE my cashmere and wool pads!

I used the lillypadz with my second for about two weeks but it was so annoying if we were out and I removed one to nurse I'd have to be super careful as I'd end up getting all wet.

selinajean 01-02-2008 03:52 PM

I find them really sweaty and irritating. I don't use them anymore...a waste of $30!!!

IHaveSpirit 01-02-2008 06:34 PM

I am watching this thread :) I am 23 weeks pregnant and leaking - I need to get a set of pads, but I am not sure which way to go. I used disposables with Ethan. The thing that really pulls me to try the Lilypadz is that you can wear them without a bra.... I can't stand sleeping in a bra! I am also tired of leaving nip prints on the sheets LOL!

Lukesmommy 12-27-2008 11:14 PM

Any of you that are frustrated with LillyPadz want to sell me yours for a decent price? I am curious to try them.....