Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is she trying to potty train? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30063)

Shannon 08-10-2006 09:51 PM

Is she trying to potty train?

Chloe is only 20 months...she's much to early to try and train right? She has been telling me after she goes pee lately. I'm so surprised...she acually says "I poop mommy" even though its just pee but still. Aspen didn't even do that until...well never acually.

Should I start letting her go on her little potty? Only having one in diapers when they baby is born would be awesome but I definitly didn't plan on it.

MCR 08-11-2006 12:47 AM

Re: Is she trying to potty train?

I had a two year one month foster girl who did that and potty trained herself. She would come to me and say Pee, and drag me off to the bathroom, in two weeks she was only pooping on the toilet, and rarely pee'd in a diaper.
Also my cousin at 14mths copied everything her older brother did. She potty learned quicker than he did.
So it's very possible, I'd follow her lead, if she wants to do it, let her.
My dd (19mths) tells me "poo poo" every time she pees in her diaper, if she told me before we might have something going :thumbsup:

Samantha 08-11-2006 01:41 AM

Yes it sounds like she is!

My DD is almost 2 and she is potty trained.

20months is also a perfect age to potty train. If you wait until they are 2 they are in that stage where they want to do what THEY want to do. They have realized that they CAN tell you NO.

I can tell you that its EASIER to potty train a little one under 2 because they are more accepting...but its harder because they are smaller....My DS potty trained at 3 and he was big enough to get on and off the potty by himself and he could use the regular potty. DD is tiny so she either needs to use a potty chair (which no help is needed getting on and off, but it has to be emptied) or she needs to use a little insert for the big potty (and have help)

I am in heaven though...I will only have ONE in diapers when this baby is born :D

sparkygirl74 08-11-2006 08:42 AM

Delaney turned 20 months on Wed and is 99% trained. The one percent is that she still won't use some public restrooms and I have to drive her home. :lostit:
Anyway, it was all her. I say go for it!

Leininger27 08-11-2006 08:50 AM

I would say she definitely is trying to tell you she is ready. My son potty trained himself at 19 months. He saw some thomas the train underwear at at target and fell in love. Didn't want to wear diapers anymore! We came home with 1 package of undies thinking he would change his mind. He had a couple accidents the first day. One accident the next day and that was it! Choo Choo undies ever since (except at night time)

I hadn't expected him to potty train before I had my ds#3, but he sure did. I followed his lead and boy has it helped me out!

Good luck mama and to your dd!

Shaineinok 08-11-2006 09:41 AM

She is definatly starting. Hailey tells me that stuff too but she is refusing to actaully sit on a potty. I am not into pushing so I just go with the flow!

Shannon 08-11-2006 11:55 AM

Well, I guess I can try. I'm just gonna take it slow though. I'll dig that potty chair out from the closet and let her sit on it if she wants. Gosh, i'm just suprised that she is already noticing when she goes. What a big girl...but PTing needs to take 4 months...otherwise...I won't have anyone in diapers...LOL

sparkygirl74 08-11-2006 12:19 PM

We are still using dipes at night, just in case.:mrgreen: She wakes me up to take her, but I am not going to put them away until fall.....

Good luck!

Shannon 08-11-2006 06:51 PM

We sat on the big potty after nap and she went pee about 20 seconds after I put her on there. So I did my "pee pee on the potty" song and Aspen and I cheered. Well since then...it has become a game. She LOVES to get naked and go sit on the potty..>LOL She hasn't acually peed on it again...but she got really excited when she tooted. Goof ball. I've finally shut the door where she can't get in because my bum hurts from sitting on the side of the tub...LMBO

Julesmom23girls 08-11-2006 07:00 PM

I say if nothing else let her get used to the idea. that is really great. She is about the age that I started introducing the potty chair idea.

Good luck!!!!