Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   clothing and the CD baby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30076)

splotchy1 08-10-2006 09:37 PM

clothing and the CD baby

I CDd my son and now my daughter. My son was rather lean and we used FB. He wore lots of overalls and sweats and I found some clothing to not fit well over cloth.
Now, my DD is a chunky monkey and I don't know what the heck to put on her for clothes! I have tons of handmedowns that fit her if she has a sposie on, but that don't work with cloth- even the trimmer fitting styles like FB.

I just ordered some babylegs, but she can't wear those everyday, and especially not once winter comes and she needs more covering.

So, how do you dress your CD kiddos? Especially those of you using bulkier kinds of CDs?????

Ellen

MilkOnDemand 08-10-2006 09:42 PM

Re: clothing and the CD baby

Wool bottoms. That's it. Liam has 1 pair of shorts LOL!

9800Emily 08-10-2006 09:44 PM

DD spends lots of times in dresses with only a dipe underneath. I also use lots of wool and fitted, so she is in longies/shorties with a t-shirt. The best fitting pants I have found for dd are hanna anderson. They are a little expensive but hold up great and fit over fluffy cloth diapered butt without sizing up. My dd is skinny, but really long, with her fluffy diapers she is already in 18months clothing at 7 months for anything that is one piece.

MamaMegan 08-10-2006 09:54 PM

I've been sizing up. DD is probably a 6-12 month size but the 12-18 sizes fit her on bottom -- I've bought a lot of cotton stretch capris from Old Navy on clearance that fit her perfectly as pants and elave room for even the biggest diapers. :)

splotchy1 08-10-2006 10:13 PM

OK...so new question. I keep reading everyone talkign about longies and shorties. Can someone explain these to me? Are they just wool pants and long wool pants?
Ellen

MCR 08-10-2006 11:36 PM

No idea about longies but for this winter I have some sized up coveralls and sweats for Dd and also dresses, and Hanna Anderson loose fit cotton tights and leggins.

monkeymama 08-10-2006 11:49 PM

longies and shorties. Wool covers that come as shorts or with legs - Longies.

Worn AS the cover AND the pants. Goes right over a fitted.

That being said, I've only used one wool cover in my time, so am not the best to answer anyway. There are a lot of woolie mamas out there that are def experts!

a_cthelen 08-10-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splotchy1
OK...so new question. I keep reading everyone talkign about longies and shorties. Can someone explain these to me? Are they just wool pants and long wool pants?
Ellen

Longies are just wool pants and shorties are wool shorts. :) You can also have capris/cargo pants, too! They are great. We use wool all the time.

splotchy1 08-11-2006 12:11 AM

thanks for the info about the wool! I thought I knew a lot about cloth until I found diaperswappers. Now, I feel like I know nothing compared to most here!