Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Oregon mamas--roll call! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301128)

~sarah~ 01-04-2008 08:50 PM

Oregon mamas--roll call!

Okay, I'll start :D

I'm Sarah, married to Scott for almost 5 yrs (our anniversary is 1/18) and mama to Sean, born 7/3/07. I grew up in Corvallis. We currently live in Albany but we hate it here and hope to be able to move back to Corvallis soon.

So, introduce yourselves Oregon mamas! :goodvibes:

amariebaby1 01-04-2008 09:11 PM

Re: Oregon mamas--roll call!

We just moved back to eugene/springfield from sweet home(we hated it too!). I am a nursing student at LCC (anyone else out there?). I live with my fiance Tim. And we have a 12mo DD, Isabelle. Oh and we have a lazy dog, a pitbull named Harley. :goodvibes:

Kdpie 01-04-2008 09:27 PM

HI!!! I am in the portland Metro area (south of)!

cassondruh 01-04-2008 09:30 PM

YAY! I'm in the Eugene/Spfld area as well!
DD is 9 months old and might be getting some teeth soon :D
She's not as cranky about it as I thought she would be, for not having any teeth yet and all - it doesn't seem to bother her (no pain?) but there are definitely some bumps on her gums!!

kdulong 01-04-2008 10:21 PM

Hi! I'm Kelly and I'm in Portland. Been cloth diapering DD for a year (since birth) and am looking forward to the arrival of #2 in about 4 months :goodvibes:

uoducks 01-04-2008 10:29 PM

hi,
I live in Beaverton with my hubby Dave and 9mth old daught. Reagan.
We have 1 dog Kosmo, 2 cats, and my husband is an excellent homebrewer for about 5 years now. Would love to get in touch with other stay at home moms & first time moms w/ baby's close to the same age as Reagan.
I am not cloth diapering as much anymore. I have mostly small size cloth diapers that lasted me until she was 6/7mths old. I just haven't invested in mediums.

For those of you moms in the Tualatin Hills Park and Rec. district.. and in case you didn't know ..Cedar Hills Rec Center, Conestoga, and the Athletic center on 158th/Walker all have an "open gym"/dropin playtime (2-3hrs) during the winter when weather is crappy outside.
You can go to THPRD.com to check out the times.. it's only like $1.50 at Cedar Hills Rec. Center and free at Conestoga up to 1yr old.
They have toys and mats set out for the kids.

cassondruh 01-04-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uoducks (Post 2431874)
hi,
I live in Beaverton with my hubby Dave and 9mth old daught. Reagan.

DD was born april 3rd too!!!!!!
oh that just made my day :D
Yesterday was our DDs 9 month b-day!!! An entire 3/4 year old now LOL... Happy 3/4 year b-day Reagan and Merinda!! :grpbday:

uoducks 01-04-2008 10:38 PM

hi! Thanks and happy 9mths to Merinda. I know..i can't believe how quickly time has past since her birth. I remember being pregnant and how it seemed like 9yrs, not 9mths!
Did you go to UO? I did, Class of 1995....GO DUCKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassondruh (Post 2431897)
DD was born april 3rd too!!!!!!
oh that just made my day :D
Yesterday was our DDs 9 month b-day!!! An entire 3/4 year old now LOL... Happy 3/4 year b-day Reagan and Merinda!! :grpbday:

asianmama 01-04-2008 10:43 PM

im a beaverton mama too.

lilly mom to ashlyn my april 6th 05 toddler and alex my november 9th chunk muffin(13 months old)

cassondruh 01-04-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uoducks (Post 2431940)
hi! Thanks and happy 9mths to Merinda. I know..i can't believe how quickly time has past since her birth. I remember being pregnant and how it seemed like 9yrs, not 9mths!
Did you go to UO? I did, Class of 1995....GO DUCKS!

Yes!! Class of 2007!! I finished school 2 months before Merinda was born, WHEW! It was rough walking up those little hills on campus with a big ol belly! Got lots of exercise though I guess :)
I got so sad yesterday thinking about how quickly miss Merinda is growing up. I mean, it's such a happy thing to watch her learn and grow, but I miss how tiny she used to be and well... Just the thought that life goes by so fast got me all bummed out. BLAH! Sorry, I don't mean to be a bummer, I can't help it! It must be a mommy thing that happens every now and then.

It happens every time I look at her newborn pictures too... LOL

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...sbebepuppy.jpg

Can you believe she used to be SMALLER than our cat?! LOL
Now she's crawling all over the place, chasing him and pulling on his fur!! :giggle: HAHAHA!!