Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Morning Sickness (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303029)

undrthtblndrumng 01-07-2008 01:00 PM

Morning Sickness

:yuck: what works and what doesn't to fight off morning sickness? I've seen all sorts of teas and lolipops and home remedies and stuff... what worked/is working for you? Thanks!

crystalkicks 01-07-2008 01:02 PM

Re: Morning Sickness

Mine was always curbed with sugar....like in the morning a bowl of cocoa puffs (or something high in sugar) or in the afternoon a piece of chocolate...

OneFabMama 01-07-2008 01:14 PM

Honestly, nothing.
I've tried several times, and I've just realized that if I am going to get sick -- I am going to get sick. It's just my fate. LOL
Luckily, even though I've had HORRID nausea I havent thrown up much (and when I do...I feel much better...gross, I know).
However, when I am doing things like doing dishes that still have food on them :yuck: smelling lemon really helps me -- so I bought a super duper strong lemony scented dish soap. It works well when Im cooking too.

aliks 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

sour candy and lemonade, doesn't always work but if I catch it when I get that watery mouth-I'm about to barf-feeling it works. I probably just cursed myself right there lol.

TNEarthMama 01-07-2008 07:49 PM

The only thing that has worked for me this pregnancy (10weeks along) I am taking unisom (sleep aide tablet) and B6.. I also dont eat anything sweet in the AM, I have to have protien... It helps wonders. the nights that i dont take it I get sick the next day..

dauphins3 01-07-2008 08:14 PM

It seems like every day it is triggered by something different. Sometimes, I am overtired, sometimes it is what I've eaten and others it's b/c I am hungry. I have found that saltines with soynut or peanut butter helps. However, trying to figure out what I can eat w/o feeling ill from that is more difficult.

SAHMLamar 01-07-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNEarthMama (Post 2452335)
The only thing that has worked for me this pregnancy (10weeks along) I am taking unisom (sleep aide tablet) and B6.. I also dont eat anything sweet in the AM, I have to have protien... It helps wonders. the nights that i dont take it I get sick the next day..

B6 and Unisom for me too!!!

I'm almost 17 weeks and have been doing this since week 7. Makes a ton of difference. Specifically, I take a 50 mg Vit B6 in the am and pm and a 1/2 a 25 mg Unisom (so I'm taking 12.5 mg) about an hour before bed. I have had to FORCE myself to go to bed extra early, as I've found I really need 8-10 hours of sleep with the unisom. But the sleep is good for me and so is not feeling awful the next day. :lostit:

Shyla 01-07-2008 08:25 PM

pickle pickles pickles and I hate pickles ALOT!!! but for some reason it helps so well I eat pickles when its bad. I am so going to ask my OB about unisom though how does that work?

aliks 01-08-2008 09:17 AM

do you have to sleep through the night if you take unisom? I have to wake up at 2 a.m. and sometimes 4 a.m. to test my son.

maryjane 01-08-2008 10:59 AM

Zofran. Pitiful but I've literally tried everything else there is. That keeps it at bay in the morning. The rest of the day I have to snack constantly on protein rich foods.