Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is this true? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304275)

Amberjoe_1 01-08-2008 07:58 PM

Is this true?

My friend just had her baby at the hospital today. I cute little baby girl.:baby2: She told me one of the nurses told her that the labor gets easier (this is her third) but the recovery just gets worse with each one. Is this really true? What is your experience. I'm planning on having a homebirth..and I'm hoping my recovery will be a lot better than my epidural/induced labor.

staceyroo77 01-08-2008 07:59 PM

Re: Is this true?

Labor, delivery and recovery were easier for me the second time. It might all just depend on the person.

MamaL 01-08-2008 08:00 PM

I didn't have that at all! My third was by far the easiest birth (and I went natural that time!) and I had completed a mini scrapbook for her by the 2nd day. I felt great!

Rachaelbee 01-08-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberjoe_1 (Post 2461519)
My friend just had her baby at the hospital today. I cute little baby girl.:baby2: She told me one of the nurses told her that the labor gets easier (this is her third) but the recovery just gets worse with each one. Is this really true? What is your experience. I'm planning on having a homebirth..and I'm hoping my recovery will be a lot better than my epidural/induced labor.

the afterpains are worse (when your uterus shrinks back to it's normal size) but it only lasts for the first few days, it's not that bad really. It was more that they told me it would be worse so I noticed it more, so otherwise it wouldn't have seemed as bad as what it was. Other than that it was an easier labor for me so overall I recovered quicker. HTH:goodvibes:

CrunchyMama0607 01-08-2008 08:02 PM

my recovery this time (all natural birth) has been MUCH better vs. my recovery after i had dd (induced, epidural birth) :goodvibes: my labor was longer this time around though.

Christina 01-08-2008 08:03 PM

My last birth (3rd) was the best by far! Labor was easier, I pushed 2 1/2 times and he was out, no tears and I felt fantastic! If this next birth is as good or better than the last then I will be walking out of the hospital after a couple of hours after birth.

Shyla 01-08-2008 08:04 PM

I would say every woman is different.

My first labor was 4.5 hours all together and easy recovery my midwife told me I was made to have children

My second was 8 hours (I was told you never go up in time boy were they wrong) recovery was a little harder than the first

My third labor was 11 hours (yep kinda figured :banghead:) recovery was easier than the time before but not as easy as the first

My fourth was 7 hours (yay we went back down) recovery was very easy

this time I am hoping since I have been getting back in shape labor will be shorter and recovery just as good as always. Oh and pushing time for me has always been quick and easy. As soon as my water breaks I go really fast (normaly 2hours after my water breaks baby is born)

I have always had very easy recoveries with no problems. I also have pretty easy labors though from what I have been told.

My mom had two 4.5 hour labors with very easy recovery on both so I think it really depends on your body, your physical condition, etc.

:hugs: :hugs: I hope you have a great homebirth :hugs:

sunfish_mom 01-08-2008 08:08 PM

Labor was easier with each and recovery stayed the same. All my children were natural births. What I did notice (as pp said) is that the cramping involved with the uterus going back to normal seemed more intense. Especially if breastfeeding.

dacoda 01-08-2008 08:20 PM

My 2nd birth (all natural) recovery was FAR easier than recovering from my 1st birth (artificially breaking of water, pitocin administered, epidural). After my 1st birth, I seriously only got out of bed to pee and shower for the 1st 2 weeks. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. After my 2nd birth, I was out of the hospital 16 hrs later and felt absolutely fabulous!

Amberjoe_1 01-08-2008 08:32 PM

This is kinda what I was hoping to hear as far as natural birth recovery compared to induced/epi/etc. I'm hoping I can just jump out of bed an hour after I have a natural birth! LOL :lostit: jk