Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I hurt my baby - with a snappi! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3057)

Gwen 05-02-2006 05:36 PM

I hurt my baby - with a snappi!

I used a flat dipaer - folded in the oragmi fold - secruced with a snappie - well the snappie went all the way thru the flat and into her sweet little skin! (didn't break the skin - buy she sure did cry and it took me a minute to figure out what was wrong!)

Should I not use snappies with flats???

:banghead: :banghead:

Gwen

MamaLove 05-02-2006 05:41 PM

Re: I hurt my baby - with a snappi!

:hugs: I've always been afraid of that happening. I think snappis are safer with thick prefolds, or flats that are extra padded where the snappi goes.

OneFabMama 05-02-2006 05:42 PM

Eeeeek! I guess not!
Dont worry about it though. She'll be fine.
I'll tell you something to make you feel a lot better about Snappis then pins! When MIL was a baby and all they had were PFs and pins her Grandma was changing her diaper. Went to pin the dipe, went through the diaper, up INTO MILs thigh and the turned the pin so go back through to the other side of the dipe. Went STRAIGHT through MILS leg. Talk about ouchie. Her Grandma to this day still feels horrible. Every time they tell that story she is about in tears LOL
:hugs:

MamaZ 05-02-2006 05:44 PM

I don't use snappis with the oragami fold, I'm lucky enough that the "flaps" or wings are long enough that they can tie losely infront and then I put a cover on. Of course my DD is not as wiggly right now :laugh:

FitMommyOf2 05-02-2006 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneFabMama
Eeeeek! I guess not!
Dont worry about it though. She'll be fine.
I'll tell you something to make you feel a lot better about Snappis then pins! When MIL was a baby and all they had were PFs and pins her Grandma was changing her diaper. Went to pin the dipe, went through the diaper, up INTO MILs thigh and the turned the pin so go back through to the other side of the dipe. Went STRAIGHT through MILS leg. Talk about ouchie. Her Grandma to this day still feels horrible. Every time they tell that story she is about in tears LOL

:ahh: OUCH!

Gwen,
I'm sorry this happened to you and your baby! This is exactly why in almost 1 year of CDing I only tried a snappi once and took it off after a few mins. LOL
(Not to mention pins)

Gwen 05-02-2006 08:02 PM

Mama Z how to you make the tie thing work??

Thanks all for the empathy!

Gwen

SandyG 05-02-2006 08:08 PM

:hugs: poor baby
reason too i never used one of those , i have 2 left hands lol

lovemygirls 05-02-2006 09:49 PM

MamaZ 05-02-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwen
Mama Z how to you make the tie thing work??

Thanks all for the empathy!

Gwen

Well since my flats are 27x22, I somehow manage to get the long side the one that goes around the waist...I have no idea how :laugh: trial and error, with lots of errors :laugh: But then once I put it on I tie it up front...I can only do it with a regular cover, not wool. A regular fleece cover or pul cover works much better in holding it all still. Plus not having too much of a wiggly worm helps. :) She's not too mobile yet :)

hollyhobby30 05-02-2006 10:24 PM

I put two flats together and then fold both sides in about half way so it's the same size as my prefold and then just do a jelly roll or angel fold.