Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Hi other BC Mamas! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305986)

selinajean 01-10-2008 03:21 PM

Hi other BC Mamas!

I live in the sunny/snowy Shuswap. I am currently on mat leave but am looking at staying home full time from now on. I have recently become completely addicted to cloth diapering and am hoping to start making and selling dipes and soakers on the near future. There is a severe lack of cd resources in this area, so I hope I can fill that void and make cd'ing easier for other Moms around here!

strawberry_girl 01-13-2008 12:23 PM

Re: Hi other BC Mamas!

Hi I am in the North Okanagan. I am a SAHM to three girls. And I CD full time. i agree that there is a need for CD resources in the area.

selinajean 01-13-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry_girl (Post 2499785)
Hi I am in the North Okanagan. I am a SAHM to three girls. And I CD full time. i agree that there is a need for CD resources in the area.

I would have loved a real life CD store when I was starting out. So much easier to see how everything works and make educated purchases and comparisons when you have the diapers in your hands!

KennedyandAspynsMommy 01-13-2008 06:52 PM

Hello, my name is Mary and i am in Vernon. I currently am a sahm for now to 2 girls. Kennedy is 6 and Aspyn is 4.

selinajean 01-13-2008 10:42 PM

Hi Mary! Most of my relatives live in Vernon. I'm about 40 minutes away in Salmon Arm. Any cd stores there?

tiffanyamanda 01-14-2008 11:17 PM

Hi; I'm Tiffany. I live near the coast in Northern B.C. in a lovely town we call Terrace, where it rains and snows at the same time and we rarely see the sun. It's a very pro-CDing community here and I love it. I CD my DD full time and my son is PLing in sposies. Sad I know. I have 2 kids and they are 2yrs and 9mos. I'm a WAHM with my very own HC. Only recently started of course. I make and sell cloth diapers. I started out buying a lot of our dipes but now our stash consists mostly of the ones I make. We have a huge stash and counting, as I always get new fabrics.

daisy0306 01-14-2008 11:22 PM

Can I be an honorary member? I grew up in Northern BC, Topley to be exact! It's very small :giggle:

strawberry_girl 01-14-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selinajean (Post 2504016)
Hi Mary! Most of my relatives live in Vernon. I'm about 40 minutes away in Salmon Arm. Any cd stores there?

One that sells new and one that sells some used. But the new ones are almost all Kushies...i do not like them.

I sthere anywhere in Salmom Arm becasue we go to Junglemania sometimes

selinajean 01-15-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry_girl (Post 2513312)
One that sells new and one that sells some used. But the new ones are almost all Kushies...i do not like them.

I sthere anywhere in Salmom Arm becasue we go to Junglemania sometimes

Nowhere in Salmon Arm yet. I hope that will change in the near future. I would love to start a diaper store!
There is one online kids' store www.babyplanetboutique.com that has baby kangas, bummis diaper kits, and jamtots stuffers. The owner, Danielle lives in Salmon Arm and is great to work with. She has special ordered items for me in the past. I would definitely recommend her.
I'm not crazy about kushies either. They're okay in a pinch but not my favourite.

KennedyandAspynsMommy 01-15-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selinajean (Post 2504016)

Nope, there is one boutique that has the bamboo bummis, but that is pretty much it. Can't say i am fond of them.

TORTURE! I need diapers!!!