Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eastern Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Looking for babyshows (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307561)

amy&rich 01-12-2008 12:36 PM

Looking for babyshows

Hi Ladies,

For those who know me, I'm down in the Niagara Region in Ontario. Back in September I opened an online cloth diaper store. I don't have a B&M store (at least not at the moment.. one day I hope!).. but I like to get "out there" to get exposure and show people products..

Anyway, I'm looking to expand and partake in some Baby and Toddler Shows.. if you know of any in your area who are looking for vendors PLEASE send me the information so I can get myself hooked up... and maybe get to meet some other mamas in the process :)

Thanks so much!
Amy S.

lisad1 01-14-2008 05:05 PM

Re: Looking for babyshows

Hey Amy!

No help for here but just wanted to say hey and congrats, I hear you had a new baby boy! Hope you are well.
PS: my "dream" is to open a CD store in Niagara as well. I know there are crunchy moms hiding around here somewhere. We should partner up one day if someone happens to leave a large sum of money on my doorstep :goodvibes:

Lisa

amy&rich 01-14-2008 08:17 PM

Hey Lisa,

I did infact have a boy :) Do I know you from somewhere? So that makes 2 boys for me for now.. one is 18mths and the other is almost 4 weeks old already.. holy smokes!! :)

hahaha yes, I'd love a B&M store in Niagara.. I've been getting some great hits on my site from locals.. so you're right they are out there! I'm hoping maybe for fall or early next year to have something.. we'll see :)

What city are you in Lisa??

Amy

EmsMom 01-15-2008 07:19 AM

I'm Kirsten, mom to Emily (2.5yrs) and JT(1yr). We're also in the Niagara region and Amy, I've actually seen flyers for your site at my kids ped. office. I was so excited for you :) I keep coming and drooling over the woolly bottoms you have lol. I'm not much help for the baby show either but good luck!

lisad1 01-15-2008 09:26 AM

Sorry Amy, I chatted with you a little while ago before you opened your store. I think I was still pregnant then. I'm in St. Catharines anyway.

Hi Kirsten! Cool - 3 Niagara moms on DS! :goodvibes:

amy&rich 01-15-2008 01:29 PM

Hi Lisa, I remember now!! DUH! That's mommy brain for you!! LOL.. Ya on your little baby girl :)

And Hi to Kristen! I think I have flyers at Bonsu, etc. office. Although last time I was there I didn't see anymore.. maybe I need to take more :)

I'm actually working with a lady in St. Catharines on maybe doing a babyshow in St. Catharines at the end of April. I'm waiting to hear back from her to see is she was able to get any sponsorship from The Standard (keep fingers crossed!!).. I will let you know what happens, cuz if it does happen I will be posting in EVERYWHERE :)

I just know that I'd like to expand up to the Hamilton area since there isn't CD store up that way either.. I'm doing the Baby Fest at Toys R Us this Sat (Jan. 19th) from 930-1pm (you guys should come by and say hi so we can meet!! :) ).. I'm thinking for the next one (March or April) that maybe I'll go up to Hamilton instead to get some exposure..

DS1 just woke from his nap.. gotta jet..

Amy S :)

EmsMom 01-15-2008 06:44 PM

Ohhh I've never heard of Baby Fest, if I can get my act together before noon I'd love to go by :) We're in Welland btw. Our ped is Visbal who shares an office with Bonsu and there was still a flyer there on Wednesday ;)

amy&rich 01-15-2008 06:49 PM

Ah yes, Visbal.. the last time we were there that's who saw my son (his reg. is Bhatsi).. Visbal was very nice :) I was impressed..

My parents live in Welland! I'm there all the time.. actually we're thinking of moving from Port Colborne to Welland to be closer to them. They're both retired and help us with the kids sooo much. I'm hoping by the end of summer!!

That would be awesome if you could come by Toys R Us. It's soo nice to meet people in person! If there's anything you want me to bring from the store so you can actually see it in person let me know :) I usually bring one of everything though. And if you do come, make sure you tell me it's you :)

lisad1 01-15-2008 09:32 PM

I'm from Welland to but relocated.. my parents still live there too!
Dh, dd and I will try to stop by on Saturday!

clarinetb 01-17-2008 01:58 PM

Hi Amy,

Meant to Pm this to you: http://www.babiestotsandyou.com/

I think when they say local, they mean local to London, but you never know!

Also, how about getting into the Welcome Wagon baby showers? Not sure what the entails but they had a bunch of businesses display stuff there!

There is the baby and toddler show in November in Toronto, which is apparently huge.