Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hm...Intrigued By Nipples? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308)

OneFabMama 04-19-2006 11:27 AM

Hm...Intrigued By Nipples?

Lately, my dd seems to be intrigued by my nipples? Like, she'll latch on, suck a few times then quickly latch off and PINCH my nipples. It doesnt really hurt and I dont mind it. I know she is just exploring her surroundings - just wondering if anyone elses DC has done this?

eightcowwife 04-19-2006 11:38 AM

Re: Hm...Intrigued By Nipples?

my ds does this as well, I keep having to clip his nails or else it just hurts.

*~Mindy~* 04-19-2006 01:13 PM

yep! mine does it all the time, he does all kind of weird stuff to my boobs!! most of it thanks to watching daddy play with them and copying though lol

instinctivemama 04-23-2006 12:11 AM

Mine do that. Once my son was weaned I counted 15 scars across my chest from him nicking me with his nails. Oy...

*MamaStacy* 04-23-2006 12:50 AM

Kolten does this, too. He will usually latch on, put one hand behind my back and "scratch" my back and then use the other hand to play with the other booby. :o

Samantha 04-23-2006 10:20 AM

If you dont WANT them to do this you should really stop the habit now.

I dont know if you still NIP but if you do ....I wouldnt want the child to play with my other nipple while they are nursing :eek:

DD is a boob hopper...both have to be exposed and she will suck at one for a minute and then hop to the other...I wish I wouldnt have allowed her to do this from the beginning because we cannot NIP anymore...(luckily she doesnt want to) But it makes me feel awful "exposed" LOL

instinctivemama 04-23-2006 10:52 AM

Bah, I just consider it a normal behavior, part of the whole 'nursing thing'.

My kids scratch my side/back while nursing, too!

I think in part it's instinctive behavior, esp. with newborns. I've watched cats that were weaned too early in particular 'massage' things. I know it aids in letdown...I think when they get older they just get more coordinated and start exploring areas they already know. They don't know or understand how not having yourself really exposed would be a problem, they don't see anything shameful in any part of it.

OneFabMama 04-23-2006 11:16 AM

No, we dont NIP anymore - havent in awhile? Anyway, we are weaning so I'll just deal with it for now.

She scratches my back too. I dont mind that. I have a TON of scratches/scares on my boobs from her and her death grip on them sometimes.

Cog 04-24-2006 09:38 PM

I get pinched...but its part of nursing :D