Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing Bra & Nursing tank Reccomendations Needed!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3088)

deejahd 05-02-2006 07:43 PM

Nursing Bra & Nursing tank Reccomendations Needed!!

I need nursing bra reccomendations for a large busomed women (36 e/f).I had relegated myself to built in shelf bra camis last time nursing because I could find anything large enough that wasn't so constrictive that it didn't give me plugged ducts.

I have heard good things about bravado's, anyone use them and the YES! bras enough to be able to compare? Looks like I could get 3 YES! bras for the price of 1 bravado.

Also, Nursing tanks. I got some from target last time and they weren't that great. Willing to try whatever is good. Any comparisons between like the Glamormom and Mimi ones??

TIA!!

Blessings,
Deidre

navars2 05-02-2006 10:06 PM

Re: Nursing Bra & Nursing tank Reccomendations Needed!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my "Great Support Bra" from Motherwear. I am a 42G and really needed the support but I've never had a problem with a clogged duct from it. I have a couple of other bras I've used... I think the Bravado is the other one I have that works but I'd have to check. I don't like it as much but it does the job alright.

Elphaba71 05-03-2006 08:51 PM

postpartum size 42DD/E (was a 38 before) - I have a few that I really like:

Underwires (I must have underwires! No probs with plugged ducts with these:
Medela Seamless Underwire (underwires poke out a bit, but the fit is great!)
Melinda G T-shirt bra underwire (tend to run big)

Soft Cup:
My fave is Goddess 511

Sleep bra:
Original Bravado

Check out this website for more help:

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/P...t_Nursing.html

I bought mine from
www.bosombuddies.com
and
www.biggerbras.com

HTH!

Willys Woolies 05-03-2006 09:22 PM

I found the nursing tanks from Target to run very very small!!!!

zaphodsmommy 05-04-2006 09:46 AM

Hi -
I'm a 34 DD/E and I find the bravado bras okay for the first couple of months (when my breasts are more likely to be engorged). I didn't find they were very supportive though. My favorite is the medela seamless underwire and the medela seamless softcup. I never had a problem with plugged ducts though.

I'm going to check out the website from the pp - thanks for the great thread.

tommyzmommy 05-05-2006 02:34 PM

I'm a 34 DD/E/F when nursing and a huge fan of Decent Exposures un-bra which they will customize with nursing flaps that either velcro or hook/eye open. I've got two and the best one is the lycra blend. This is the bra to really hold everything in place but has very comfortable openings when nursing. I didn't like the band in the middle and cut mine out to make more of a sports bra style. I think the link is www.decentexposures.com They also make swimsuits and awesome undies. Hyena for mom. I second the Melinda G for underwire and like the Bravado ++ size but sold them to get the DEx.

pfamilygal6 05-09-2006 04:05 PM

I second the unbra from Decent Exposures. I just got 2 with lined cups and just pull them down. But I'm nursing bra impaired. I can never get them (my boobs) situated just right. I am a 38 H/I cup and they are really surprisingly supportive.

heather_c 05-09-2006 05:35 PM

I have both a Bravado + and a Yes +. I am pretty well endowed (38DD) while nursing, and these work for me. I would much rather use the Yes bra. The major reason is that the clasp for the bravado is a snap, which is a PITA and impossible to do one handed. The clasp for the Yes is a clip and is so easy to use plus it is a third of the price of the bravado. I also love that they come in black. The two different brand are virtually the same except for the clasp.

They are not the most supportive or prettiest things in the world, but work great under thick shirts or around the house. I hope this helps.

Meisubaby 05-10-2006 02:12 PM

I second "Great Support Bra" from Motherwear! I am 38-40 G but was an H and these are the only nursing bras that hold them up north where they belong and I don't have to readjust every 30 mins in! I love my Bravados too but I would never go out in public wearing one! They smoosh and squish your boobs comfortably but its not a pretty sight when you are wearing them! I hated my Goddess bras when I was nursing my first son! Omg they run extremly SMALL!!! I was in an F cup back then and I ordered a 38 F and OMG it was so dang tight and then trying to get my boobs even into the cups was quite the task too!:laugh: I sent them back and bought the Medela soft cups. Those were nice but ever since I got the Great Support Bra from Motherwear I am hooked! Definatly good for big busted women!!!

mommypatton521 05-11-2006 09:19 AM

my absolute FAVORITE bra I bought from a vendor on EBAY it's called the YES! nursing bra. do a search on ebay for YES! nursing bra and you should be able to find it. They are a great price and i'm in love w/them :hugs: