Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Saskatchewan Moms! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308833)

jason&jilliansmama 01-13-2008 11:48 PM

Saskatchewan Moms!

Who's out there?! I'm in Moose Jaw!

1boy1girl1bitty2 01-14-2008 07:37 AM

Re: Saskatchewan Moms!

me!

there is also a saskatoon mama and a humboldt mama and there was a regina mama at one time too

LindusandGrace 01-14-2008 07:58 AM

hi I'm strill in alberta but we are moving to my hubby's hometown next month! Soon to be Estevan momma here! :wave:

1boy1girl1bitty2 01-14-2008 10:55 AM

hey cool! i'm 40 minutes across the pipeline from estevan i frequent their walmart cause it is bigger and better than ours, and one of my bridesmaids just is moving there. her bf is the manager of the new peaveymart

nocturnalmama 01-15-2008 08:30 AM

Hi there... I'm in Regina! :) My dad worked in Estevan last summer and we stayed a few weekends in his motorhome... we also went to Walmart there - its a nice Walmart really!! (as nice as Walmart can be I guess...). We'll be doing the same next summer too...

Robin

1boy1girl1bitty2 01-15-2008 08:49 AM

regina has micheals! i would trade walmart and a dozen other useless stores for micheals! not to mention there are two of the best ap and crafty stores right beside each other on 13th!

wow theres more of us than i thought

LindusandGrace 01-15-2008 02:20 PM

nice to know there's other people who go there. i'm soooo sad about leaving my city i'm in now. we have 2 micheals and 3 walmarts! LOL.
Well sask ladies we should all arrange some sort of playdate in the summer for all the kids!

1boy1girl1bitty2 01-16-2008 07:32 AM

i don't know about estevan but weyburn has a nonprofit organization that has facilities for a group meet up. its called the family place and it a playgroup sort of thing. regina has a ymca thing i think but am not sure

next time i see estevans mayor i'll have to ask what they have there. (the mayor is DH's uncle)

nocturnalmama 01-16-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1boy1girl1bitty2 (Post 2523444)
i don't know about estevan but weyburn has a nonprofit organization that has facilities for a group meet up. its called the family place and it a playgroup sort of thing. regina has a ymca thing i think but am not sure

next time i see estevans mayor i'll have to ask what they have there. (the mayor is DH's uncle)

Hahaha... my dad worked for City Hall, they probably know each other fairly well, lol. What a small world isnt it? Bizarre...

Estevan has a FANTABULOUS indoor water park with waterslides and a totally awesome kiddie pool! Regina has loads of fun places to meet up... not sure about Saskatoon...

I am not a big Michaels fan though... I spend too much money every time I go there... :giggle:

The store on 13th... Groovy Mama, one of my good friends owns that store and we do these awesome "get the poop on cloth diapering" workshops together where we educate parents about cloth diapers... its loads of fun!! (you can read about it in my blog http://tushclothdiapers.ca/blog). The other store... Golden Willow is heaven on earth... the most amazing fibre store and the owner Sharon is sooo super nice. We are lucky to have those two stores here and I would gladly trade all the walmarts in the world to keep those stores around forever!!

Robin

nocturnalmama 01-16-2008 08:29 AM

I should add 1boy1girl1bittytoo that our children are almost exactly the same ages...

mine are 05/18/02 06/12/05 and 11/05/07 :)

Robin