Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Lakes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Good Sam / Edwards Hospital (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310319)

rotty 01-15-2008 02:02 PM

Good Sam / Edwards Hospital

Anyone in here give birth at Good Samaritan Hosp in Downers Grove or Edward in Naperville?

I had 2 at Edwards. The first experience was AWESOME. The second SUCKED~~the nurses were horrible, the noise was horrible, it was terribly, terribly busy, and my day nurse was a complete jerk. Food was horrible second time around, good the first.

If I have a 3rd I'm thinking Good Sam? Anyone have thoughts?

I'm also in the market for a new ob that takes HMO in the Advocate/Good Sam group.

jesshb 01-15-2008 02:08 PM

Re: Good Sam / Edwards Hospital

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotty (Post 2517832)
Anyone in here give birth at Good Samaritan Hosp in Downers Grove or Edward in Naperville?

I had 2 at Edwards. The first experience was AWESOME. The second SUCKED~~the nurses were horrible, the noise was horrible, it was terribly, terribly busy, and my day nurse was a complete jerk. Food was horrible second time around, good the first.

If I have a 3rd I'm thinking Good Sam? Anyone have thoughts?

I'm also in the market for a new ob that takes HMO in the Advocate/Good Sam group.

Hey mama!
I didn't have my LOs at Good Sam but I did a chaplaincy internship there 2 years ago. I know that they recently remodeled the birth floor. You have private rooms, there is a full NICU if any problems should arise. I don't have much experience with the normal pregnancies there (such was the life of a chaplain intern) but I did have the opportunity to visit with some moms that requested a Chaplain and they seemed to have very happy experiences. In fact my supervisor's sister decided to have her second baby at Good Sam because she had a bad experience at another hospital in the area.

Good Sam is not as "plush" as Edwards but I was really impressed with the staff there overall. And if you'd like a visit from the chaplaincy staff, they love to visit with healthy, happy patients :giggle:

Hope you're able to find a new OB soon! :hugs:

rotty 01-15-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesshb (Post 2517896)
Good Sam is not as "plush" as Edwards but I was really impressed with the staff there overall.

:) It was dirty, dusty, all the elevators were broken in August...ick. And man was it loud. Construction I guess.

I only stayed one night I couldn't stand it.

lotusblossom 01-16-2008 09:36 AM

Hi Rotty!

I had my DS at Good Sam less than a year ago. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The rooms were nice and I really don't have any complaints as far as a hospital stay goes :).

If you have any questions, let me know!